Republicans Attempt Last Minute Block to Unemployment Compensations

Nov 2012
nirvana
I am having my pay cut to a level consistent with what I would get paid if I was on unemployment. I am left with the question: Should I go with unemployment instead of the pay cut? Is it right to pay me more to not work? This is the point. Is it good to pay people more to not work? I think a compromise on this issue should happen.
We're paying those Republicans not to work.

Jul 2018
Earth
I manage a creative department in an industry that has been very hard hit by the virus restrictions. So I am a manager who works for a small business. The business has lost within three weeks about 30% of its business. It is in jeopardy of closing for good. I laid off everybody in my small department last week and now my income has been dramatically reduced and will not be able to pay my bills but thanks for your "burger flipping" comment.
Does your boss know that you spend your working hours posting on internet forums?

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I am having my pay cut to a level consistent with what I would get paid if I was on unemployment. I am left with the question: Should I go with unemployment instead of the pay cut? Is it right to pay me more to not work? This is the point. Is it good to pay people more to not work? I think a compromise on this issue should happen.
Why do you care what other people are paid, or receive in unemployment compensation?

Jul 2019
Georgia
temporary unemployment?

answer should be obvious if so.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Because the only good compensation is compensation for corporations.
I think it also plays to the 1st Rule of Republicans:
Resent any unfortunate person who has less wealth but is somehow getting some benefit that can be seen as undeserved.

Reactions: Clara007
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Those republican scumbags tried to use this to give more handouts to the rich. Their original proposal didn't even give anything to the poorest people, the ones that actually need it the most.They wanted to give Trump admin a 50 billion blank check, no accountability to the corporations that got money. And they are the same assholes that demand work requirements and people who actually need help to jump through hoops to get any sort of benefit

And in theri typical scumbag ploy ,they try to claim dems are politicizing it. Such assholes. And their base are such moronic, brainwashed Taliban members, even when its right in front of their face, they still deny it. Fuck every asshole that support republicans. If only there was such a thing as karma

Reactions: FrostKing
Jul 2018
Earth
I think it also plays to the 1st Rule of Republicans:
Resent any unfortunate person who has less wealth but is somehow getting some benefit that can be seen as undeserved.
A lot of that resentment is a hold-over from the Jim Crow era where blacks were denied unemployment benefits unless their community put up 50% of the cost. Consequently, some people would rather deny everyone rather than have a program that will help 2 black people even if 98 whites get help. Examine the people who are blocking the programs and you will see that they are pure racists in everything that they do.

Reactions: se7en