Republicans created the dystopian nightmares that are Oklahoma and Kansas

May 2018
Chicago
In response to another thread. There is a definite causal relationship between GOP policies and these failed states.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — When the GOP took full control of Oklahoma government after the 2010 election, lawmakers set out to make it a model of Republican principles, with lower taxes, lighter regulation and a raft of business-friendly reforms.

Conservatives passed all of it, setting in motion a grand experiment. Now it’s time for another big election, but instead of campaigning on eight years of achievements, Republicans are confronting chaos and crisis. Agency budgets that were cut during the Great Recession have been slashed even deeper. Rural hospitals are closing, and teachers are considering a statewide strike over low wages.

“I’m not scared to say it, because I love Oklahoma, and we are dying,” said Republican state Rep. Leslie Osborn. “I truly believe the situation is dire.”

Oklahoma’s woes offer the ultimate cautionary tale for other states considering trickle-down economic reforms. The outlook is so grim that some Republicans are willing to consider the ultimate heresy: raising taxes to fund education and health care, an idea that was once the exclusive province of Democrats.

“Without new recurring revenue, we can’t fix these problems,” said Osborn, who was ousted as chairwoman of the powerful House Appropriations and Budget committee for her outspoken support of tax increases.
GOP confronts another failed tax experiment in Oklahoma

Just as President Trump is ramping up his push for a major tax cut that he believes will pay for itself through faster economic growth, the Kansas template for that approach has crashed and burned. After four years of below-average growth, deepening budget deficits, and steep spending reductions, the GOP-dominated Kansas legislature has repealed many of the tax cuts at the heart of Governor Sam Brownback fiscal agenda.

It is a lesson unlikely to be missed by congressional Republicans—or Democrats.

Brownback vetoed the legislature’s first attempt to reverse his tax cuts, but two-thirds majorities in both the House and Senate overrode his veto. The measure would boost state taxes by $1.2 billion over two years, in part by raising the top income tax rate from 4.6 percent to 5.7 percent and by once again taxing sole proprietorships, partnerships, and other pass-through businesses. Pressured by Brownback, the legislature had made pass-throughs tax free.

The tax cuts did produce one explosion, however. The state’s budget deficit was expected to hit $280 million this year, despite major spending reductions. Kansas falls well below national averages in a wide range of public services from K-12 education to housing to police and fire protection, according to an analysis by the Urban Institute’s State and Local Finance Initiative. Under order from the state Supreme Court, the legislature has voted to increase funding for public schools by $293 million over the next two years.
The Great Kansas Tax Cut Experiment Crashes And Burns

May 2018
USA
Republican economic "theories" are usually nothing more than this: huge tax cut schemes for the rich, and cutting all social services that poor people depend on. That's Oklahoma and Kansas in a nutshell. The GOP destroyed the finances AND the economies in both states. Not just those states though. They also thoroughly demolished Louisiana's budget under the wildly incompetent Bobby Jindal. The other Southern Red States aren't far behind. You want to see a list of America's worst states? Nearly all of them are Red.

May 2018
Chicago
Republican economic "theories" are usually nothing more than this: huge tax cut schemes for the rich, and cutting all social services that poor people depend on. That's Oklahoma and Kansas in a nutshell. The GOP destroyed the finances AND the economies in both states. Not just those states though. They also thoroughly demolished Louisiana's budget under the wildly incompetent Bobby Jindal. The other Southern Red States aren't far behind. You want to see a list of America's worst states? Nearly all of them are Red.
And it's directly linked to GOP policies.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Oklahoma. The article cited was written piece just before the 2018 elections as an attempt to flip the state to blue. Now yo whip it out as some kind of victory? how did the election in Oklahoma reflect the whining going on here?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/election-results/oklahoma/?utm_term=.caaf44585113

Kansas. You dredged up an article from 2017? Get current.
dumb post again of course BUT I do admire both your tone in posts and your willingness to not "hide" from the threads other Trumpets hide from.

respect (and I even remember that you are a guy now! lol)

Reactions: Rescue Basket
Dec 2015
Arizona
Guess which states have the highest level of gun violence. Go ahead. Guess.
If you guessed: Alaska, Alabama, Montana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas and Wyoming ..... you would be correct.
Next up! Guess which of those states are RED states. Go ahead. Guess.
I'll wait.

May 2018
Chicago
If you guessed: Alaska, Alabama, Montana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas and Wyoming ..... you would be correct.
I'll wait.
Could any of that be directly linked to GOP policies? Oh, I think definitely so.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
I'll wait.

same states where all the junkies are, the knocked up high school girls are,. the graduation rates are low....

May 2018
USA
same states where all the junkies are, the knocked up high school girls are,. the graduation rates are low....
And most of the citizens of red states have no ethics or moral values whatsoever. Look at how those states are all the worst in the country for education, and how the people of those states OVER AND OVER keep voting the same crooked Republicans into office that are damning their stupid, uneducated kids to minimum wage labor their entire lives because of sorry educations. That's one hell of a "run on" sentence, eh? :D

The people of those states have no concern whatsoever for the future of their children and I find it detestable.

Dec 2015
Arizona
And most of the citizens of red states have no ethics or moral values whatsoever. Look at how those states are all the worst in the country for education, and how the people of those states OVER AND OVER keep voting the same crooked Republicans into office that are damning their stupid, uneducated kids to minimum wage labor their entire lives because of sorry educations. That's one hell of a "run on" sentence, eh? :D
The people of those states have no concern whatsoever for the future of their children and I find it detestable.
Whatsthatyousay?? Education?? Public education? You mean those Propaganda Establishments, run by evil Liberal adults, hell-bent on producing more liberal voters and Satan's spawn, overflowing with little brown/yellow/red/black people, transgenders, gays, Jews, Muslims, and unpatriotic brats who refuse to stand for the National Anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance, who support equal opportunity for those who are obviously unequal?
I see your run-on sentence, raise and applaud you. :cool: