Republicans on Gun Control

Jul 2019
Georgia
It is what it is, but I presented the facts. Liberals know if they can't outlaw the weapons, they will eliminate them a feature at a time - magazines, pistol grips, bump stocks, flash hiders, folding stocks, bayonet lugs, etc. Sometimes they try to ban features they don't even know about:

Trump's right there with them. Insofar as silencers, you displayed a fair amount of ignorance.

While silencers are glamorized in Hollywood, they do NOT completely silence a firearm. They do save a lot of wear and tear on ears and if you're shooting centerfire weapons, don't forget to keep wearing your hearing protection even while using the silencer.
I don't really care about silencers, sorry.

honestly I'm too tired to reconcile the president claiming he's the "biggest Second Amendment person there is" while you're claiming "Donald Trump is the most anti-gun president in the history of the United States"

I'm just going to say I think both of you are wrong, and move on with my day.

Mar 2018
Grayson
I don't really care about silencers, sorry.

honestly I'm too tired to reconcile the president claiming he's the "biggest Second Amendment person there is" while you're claiming "Donald Trump is the most anti-gun president in the history of the United States"

I'm just going to say I think both of you are wrong, and move on with my day.
Good for you. Trump is the "biggest Second Amendment person there is" as he is the biggest at destroying it. At least he and I agree. Gun owners can check out the facts and make up their own minds.

Jul 2019
Georgia
i tend to think trump is devoting way more attention to destroying the 1st Amendment,

but you're right, he can multitask and try to destroy multiple Constitutional rights at the same time

Aug 2019
Florida
It will be quite humorous to watch those trumpers justify any gun control measures he puts forward.

2nd amendment guys vote for republicans to defend their rights. Sure will be funny if they are deceived

Aug 2019
De Congo
I don't see why anyone on the "right side of the law" needs a bump stock or a silencer.
I don't see a "slippery slope" towards an all out gun ban if these items are made illegal for private citizens to own.
Am I being naive about this..?
Show me a real life scenario where I would have a legit use for these items.
OTOH..I can think of all kinds of ways that a Bad Guy can make a living / do harm to good people with this stuff

Aug 2019
Florida
I don't see why anyone on the "right side of the law" needs a bump stock or a silencer.
I don't see a "slippery slope" towards an all out gun ban if these items are made illegal for private citizens to own.
OTOH..I can think of all kinds of ways that a Bad Guy can make a living / do harm to good people with this stuff
Suppressors are legal in europe. Quite popular in the shooting sports. Improves hearing protection and reduces noise from gun ranges in populated areas.

Believe me even with a suppressor guns are still loud. Nothing like the movies.

Aug 2019
De Congo
Suppressors are legal in europe. Quite popular in the shooting sports. Improves hearing protection and reduces noise from gun ranges in populated areas.

Believe me even with a suppressor guns are still loud. Nothing like the movies.
I just wear ear plugs and / or headphone type protection.
I will say that......
I do not recall hearing about a shooting crime or a self defense scenario where the use of a silencer made any difference.

May 2019
USA
Have you ever shot a firearm with a silencer? Honestly this is a case of where fiction movies portray a safety device as a weapon of death. Silencers should be mandatory if anything for shooting in a enclosed gun range. Silencers do not silence a gun shot at all. What they do is lower the decibels so that conventional hearing protection is more effective. They also can be used for nuisance hunting so as to not upset the nice suburbanites. Hollywood makes silencers out to be a device you can walk in a crowded place and shoot someone and no one will hear it. Its great cinema, but it is not reality.

However, for most commercially available fire arms and cartridges, this ends up only reducing the noise level to somewhere in the range of 130-150-ish dB for a supersonic cartridge and 117-130-ish dB for a subsonic cartridge. For reference on just how loud that is, an ambulance or police siren is typically between 100-140 dB. So this isn’t exactly the “whoosh” sound Hollywood depicts. Given that hearing loss can occur as low as 85 dB, it’s typically recommended that even with a silencer on a fire arm, that the shooter still wears some sort of hearing protection.
Gun "Silencers" Don't Make Them Anywhere Near Silent

Aug 2019
De Congo
Have you ever shot a firearm with a silencer? Honestly this is a case of where fiction movies portray a safety device as a weapon of death. Silencers should be mandatory if anything for shooting in a enclosed gun range. Silencers do not silence a gun shot at all. What they do is lower the decibels so that conventional hearing protection is more effective. They also can be used for nuisance hunting so as to not upset the nice suburbanites. Hollywood makes silencers out to be a device you can walk in a crowded place and shoot someone and no one will hear it. Its great cinema, but it is not reality.

Gun "Silencers" Don't Make Them Anywhere Near Silent
You are right...I've only seen [heard] silencers used on TV and in the movies...and I believe it's only been with pistols that I've seen them used.
If silencers do not give a sniper / assassin any sort of a significant advantage, it seems this would be easy enough to demonstrate to Congress..