Republicans who signed the disastrous corporate tax giveaway now worried about the budget deficit

May 2018
USA
Republicans who increased debt with tax cuts now say it's a "threat to national security"

So the clowns who gave out a massive, totally unnecessary upper class/corporate tax giveaway are now crying about the BUDGET DEFICIT!!! Classic Republican hypocrisy. I see where Trump is planning on literally taking the food out of the mouth of babies with $3.1 billion in SNAP cuts. Yup, as I predicted when the pigs signed that massive giveaway of YOUR tax dollars to the corporations: the GOP would pass the cuts, then start crying about fiscal responsibility AFTER the fact (again...this is the 3rd time they've pulled the stunt that I'm aware of), and start cutting program which benefit the poorest citizens.

The GOP: party of the rich, and those stupid enough to vote against their best interests. About the only good thing to come from the cuts of the social programs is this: it'll hurt the Trumpanzees in the Welfare (Red) States more than anybody else.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Apr 2013
La La Land North
As a couple of posters in another thread pointed out (sorry I don't remember so can't credit you), that is GOP SOP. Create a huge deficit. And that is the excuse to cut.

Will they cut military spending? No!

Will they cut social assistance spending? Hell Yes!!!

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Actually I'd argue this is a part of the classic republican strategy: cut taxes and pay for it by reducing spending. Unfortunately, Paul Ryan walked away half-way through the job. The GOP passed the tax cut without giving the CBO enough time to release their report on the cost, and are now shifting to say we need to cut spending to pay for it.

And in the President's original FY2020 budget, it included propositions to cut Medicare by over half a trillion dollars.

May 2018
Chicago
This happens every time. When will we learn? This is the third time since Reagan they have pulled this shit. It's a disaster every time.

May 2018
USA
This happens every time. When will we learn? This is the third time since Reagan they have pulled this shit. It's a disaster every time.
LOL.....do Republicans EVER learn from their mistakes? Nope. Do the morons VOTING for Republicans ever learn from their mistakes? Look at Oklahoma for the answer to that one (which is a resounding NO!).

Nov 2012
nirvana
Republicans who increased debt with tax cuts now say it's a "threat to national security"

So the clowns who gave out a massive, totally unnecessary upper class/corporate tax giveaway are now crying about the BUDGET DEFICIT!!! Classic Republican hypocrisy. I see where Trump is planning on literally taking the food out of the mouth of babies with $3.1 billion in SNAP cuts. Yup, as I predicted when the pigs signed that massive giveaway of YOUR tax dollars to the corporations: the GOP would pass the cuts, then start crying about fiscal responsibility AFTER the fact (again...this is the 3rd time they've pulled the stunt that I'm aware of), and start cutting program which benefit the poorest citizens.

The GOP: party of the rich, and those stupid enough to vote against their best interests. About the only good thing to come from the cuts of the social programs is this: it'll hurt the Trumpanzees in the Welfare (Red) States more than anybody else.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
Remember. That tax bill was passed by reconciliation. Which means it automatically expires ten years from its passage, or with 51 votes in the Senate to repeal it.

I have the feeling it won’t see its tenth birthday.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
Hey Pubes, start paying the bills on time by raising more tax revenue:

... The sweeping tax-cut package that took effect last year is expected to cost $1.9 trillion over the next decade as it constrains government receipts. Republicans vowed the package would pay for itself through higher growth, but evidence suggests otherwise.

Meanwhile, federal spending has jumped more than 9% since the fiscal year began in October. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office expects the annual deficit to come in at around $1 trillion by 2022 and remain above that level for at least seven years. ...

The US budget deficit skyrocketed to a record $207.8 billion in May | Markets Insider

2019 United States federal budget - Wikipedia

Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
LOL is correct...and you know what else is a threat to national security? Two things: Donald J Trump and the entire Republican Party. Rocket scientists, THEY ARE NOT.
Of all the stupid, cockamamie, astonishing decisions they have made, this has to be at the top....and of course the supporters buy it because 1) Scare tactics usually work 2) They cling to the "spending is the problem" theory 3) Who needs revenue?
But if we wait JUST long enough we'll be told by the RW that the fault lies elsewhere:
Obama. Hillary. Communists. The Squad.
OR possibly little brown people. Just wait. It will happen.