Returning West to Alice in Wonderland

Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK
Having recently returned from many years in the East, just some musings and explanations on what I’ve encountered. The results are coming in and they’re not good.

There was an early 20th century French sociologist called Durkheim and one of his most famous quotes was: ''Consider social facts as things.'' What he meant is that by using statistics, it was possible to measure occurrences in society. So if an unexpected phenomenon occurred, it was necessary to go back to that period to find the reason for the current consequence.

Things don’t just magically happen, there is always a previous cause, a trigger. To use a rather naff analogy, when the police arrive at a scene their first words are: ''Did anyone see what happened?'' They’re not interested in what someone believes or thinks, they’re trying to go back to the past to understand the future and why what they’re now seeing happened. Apply that analogy to behaviour and due to politically correct indoctrination a large section of society now replies: ''There’s nothing wrong, this is normal.''

There is a term applicable to indoctrination called: 'Internalization.' This occurs when external values become so deeply ingrained that they shape the individual’s world view. An example of this is Al Gore’s prediction that the ice caps would melt in 2013. That they didn’t is immaterial, the belief had become so ingrained (internalized) that even the truth couldn’t dislodge it.

As an aside, there exists what psychologists have termed the 'Dunning-Kruger' effect. This suggests that high levels of indoctrination can make people so stupid that they no long realize it and stupidity becomes the norm. Examples of this are the beliefs that bombing a country brings freedom, Muslims want democracy and building a wall will keep out millions of illegal immigrants who have already arrived.

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive." -- Donald Trump, twitter, 2012​

Gore.jpg

By no stretch of the imagination is this normal western behaviour. Something happened to society which enabled this to occur. In the US could it be the election of Obama and his cultural Marxist identity politics and in Europe, an open borders policy? If you remove the traditional norms and values which previously held society together, this behaviour replaces the vacuum and stupidity becomes the norm.

Img1.png

Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK
I am "fschmidt". This article is relevant.
Oh right. Yes the Roman Empire is a good model of how a system rots from the inside out, but in the end they all suffer from a kind of burn-out. The whole point of an empire is expansion. Some go quietly like the British or Soviet one and other wannabes like Germany went down in flames. The US has now swopped from the military to the economic and it will also fail in that. All these Empires require nationalism and so Trump is the perfect choice for the US, whereas Obama lacked that punch to keep it going. Americans are brought up to believe in supremacy, the majority aren’t able to realize it’s over, but they do know something is wrong as they’ve been voting for change for the past decade. It will be interesting to see what comes after Trump.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
I question your ascribing to Obama cultural Marxist identity politics. In fact I strongly disagree.

What leads you to this view?

Aug 2019
De Congo
Yes indeed. Nothing of any large scale happens by accident. None of the social trends, styles and fads happened by accident..they didn't just fly together. It's all due to social engineering. Large scale social engineering in the USA is traceable to the early 1900s when Rothschild bought up all of the most widely circulated newspapers, established the JADL, NAACP, Federal Reserve, got a Supreme Court Judge installed and eventually gained considerable control of all other forms of mass media as it became available.

Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK
I question your ascribing to Obama cultural Marxist identity politics. In fact I strongly disagree.

What leads you to this view?

I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of cultural Marxism (commonly referred to as identity politics), but that’s what Obama was and it’s rampant across the west. I’ve also written a lot about it, but very briefly:

Marx used the workers as the vanguard for communism and it didn’t work in that it didn’t spread as Marx suggested it would. In the 1930s an Italian theorist called Gramsci discovered why Marx had got it wrong. It wasn’t about class, but culture.

This theory was re-discovered in the 80s by the hard left and if you notice, there’s not a lot going on with the workers today as there was previously, it’s all minority identity politics. These are the new cadre; the minorities such as the feminists, homosexuals, immigrants, the dispossessed … these are being used in place of the workers to bring down the three pillars of western society – The Christian religion, family and patriotism. The Christian religion gives hope, the family prevents both state dependency and morality, plus patriotism gives people something to fight for. Remove these and society falls apart. Everything that is being done by the left today undermines these three institutions.

Next time liberal politicians come up with something new, think identity politics and you’ll recognize it

Many in America believe Obama discovered something that could only have come from someone with mystical powers. He didn’t, he took ideas that are nearly a century old and adapted then to fit the current era.