Revelation! I'm Shocked!

Sep 2019
Texas
For those not aware, the east side of Houston, in a severe flooding band of showers from the east side of Conroe (north of Houston) extending south east to the Gulf coast are dumping 4 to 5 in of rain per hour- I just saw the Mayor of Houston say "we can't control Mother Nature"!

Houston Mayor

Sylvester Turner - Wikipedia

Jul 2019
Georgia
well there's a tropical depression (Imelda) that's dumping on it right now,
and the city is barely above sea level, sooo....

Jul 2019
Georgia
But, but, but- man made climate change!
is that what the Mayor is blaming the depression on?
don't really think it's the time for that, if so

you didn't really provide any context or links in your OP

Jun 2018
South Dakota
A truthful response from a politician? Refreshing. That kind of response is a result of the idea foistered on the populace that if we give govt more control and money they can do anything. In a way the comment is a"head em' off at the pass" play. Get thr truth out before the invironutcakes get their rhetoric ginned up.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Sep 2019
Texas
is that what the Mayor is blaming the depression on?
don't really think it's the time for that, if so

you didn't really provide any context or links in your OP
Huh- and here I figured climate was pretty contextual- watch real close, I'll type real slow- "I just saw the Mayor of Houston say "we can't control Mother Nature"!
if I'm not mistaken Mother Nature is in charge of the climate- he, a prominent Democrat, just admiited "we can't control Mother Nature" which is the climate which democrats are known for demanding we can-

Jul 2019
Georgia
Huh- and here I figured climate was pretty contextual- watch real close, I'll type real slow- "I just saw the Mayor of Houston say "we can't control Mother Nature"!
if I'm not mistaken Mother Nature is in charge of the climate- he, a prominent Democrat, just admiited "we can't control Mother Nature" which is the climate which democrats are known for demanding we can-

no, mother nature isn't the climate

history shows again and again.....

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
But, but, but- man made climate change!
The stupidity and dishonesty of right wingers knows no bounds. He said you can't control weather. Weather is not the same thing as climate. This has been pointed out over and over and the right wing idiots keep repeating the same stupid shit.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus