Roger Stone wants full copy of Mueller report for his criminal case

Mar 2019
Texas
nyp

Well i did not expect thins twist. It looks possibly that stone does indeed have a right to the report due to his indictments. Judge amy could put pressure on things in a manner to get the report in the hands of the judicial committee in order to allow stone to defend himself via disclosure. Long shot but at the least he is trying to defend himself. Some may want to whine cause people like myself want the proper authorities to verify conclusions made by bar but i will tell you that i want closure and America needs it.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
It's a legal strategy, demand the full report, get a redacted version, ask to have the case dismissed because you are being prevented from offering your defense.
Hope Trump appointee drops case, for "national security reasons", because complying with request would release materials better kept secret.

Mar 2019
Texas
It's a legal strategy, demand the full report, get a redacted version, ask to have the case dismissed because you are being prevented from offering your defense.
Hope Trump appointee drops case, for "national security reasons", because complying with request would release materials better kept secret.
So true but yet at the same time it gives a judge the opportunity to order the full report to be givin to the judiciary committee. By my count that is now two judges with the power to order mueller to follow the law and hand over the report to proper intel officials.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
So true but yet at the same time it gives a judge the opportunity to order the full report to be givin to the judiciary committee. By my count that is now two judges with the power to order mueller to follow the law and hand over the report to proper intel officials.
The Stone judge can't order the report to be turned over to the committee, the judge could order the report be turned over to Stone's attorney.
Even if the report does make it's way to congress, the DOJ could refuse to turn it over to Stone, giving him a possible grounds for an appeal.

Mar 2019
Texas
The Stone judge can't order the report to be turned over to the committee, the judge could order the report be turned over to Stone's attorney.
Even if the report does make it's way to congress, the DOJ could refuse to turn it over to Stone, giving him a possible grounds for an appeal.
I disagree that she could order the report turned over to stone in full. However she has legal precedence to order it to the judiciary and let them work with stone on sections related to him. However she could try to get it to stone but i do not see that happening. Either way she has choices if she chooses to do the right thing and the law is on her side.

Also the original judge that signed off on the investigation has distinct authority to order the report to the committee.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I disagree that she could order the report turned over to stone in full. However she has legal precedence to order it to the judiciary and let them work with stone on sections related to him. However she could try to get it to stone but i do not see that happening. Either way she has choices if she chooses to do the right thing and the law is on her side.

Also the original judge that signed off on the investigation has distinct authority to order the report to the committee.
I still don't see where ordering a report to go to the committee falls within the scope of the Stone trial.
I can see where the judge could order the report to be part of the trial, as the defense has requested it.

Mar 2019
Texas
I still don't see where ordering a report to go to the committee falls within the scope of the Stone trial.
I can see where the judge could order the report to be part of the trial, as the defense has requested it.
Easy...mueller handed over the investigation to barr who is under the congress. Also sdny may have a shot at the report too. This is whya judiciary committee would be needed to make the proper oversite on the issue.

Then you may say....why not just let bar handle that it is his job.....OVER SITE that is mandated and written into the law that covers reporting to the judicial committee.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Easy...mueller handed over the investigation to barr who is under the congress. Also sdny may have a shot at the report too. This is whya judiciary committee would be needed to make the proper oversite on the issue.

Then you may say....why not just let bar handle that it is his job.....OVER SITE that is mandated and written into the law that covers reporting to the judicial committee.
But how is that in the scope of the Stone Trial?
Those things can be pursued by the committee involved, but that has nothing to do with the Stone Trial.

Mar 2019
Texas
Those things can be pursued by the committee involved, but that has nothing to do with the Stone Trial.
His charges stem from the contents of the report. Remember it was mueller that charged him or referred him.
By law he is entitled to full disclosure.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
What's in it? If Stones lawyers can convince the judge that there is evidence in it and it becomes evidence directly related to the charges and must be produced. If not Stone just might walk on a few charges or all of them.