Ron Paul: A 50% correction will spark depression-like conditions that may be 'worse than 1929'

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
He just couldn't be right, right??

Ron Paul: A 50% correction will spark depression-like conditions that may be 'worse than 1929''
Ron Paul is warning this year's corrections could be a precursor to an epic market collapse that may come sooner than investors think.​
According to the former Republican presidential candidate, Wall Street is becoming more vulnerable to near-depression conditions within the next 12 months.​
"Once this volatility shows that we're not going to resume the bull market, then people are going to rush for the exits," Paul said Thursday on CNBC's "Futures Now." The relentlessly bearish former congressman added that "It could be worse than 1929."​
During that year, the stock market began hemorrhaging, falling almost 90 percent and sending the U.S. economy into a tailspin.​

More here: Ron Paul thinks the selloff could spark depression-like conditions that could be 'worse than 1929'

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
yeah but what does ron paul know about economics, it is best to consult krugman he will know he knows all

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
ron paul is one of those nut cases that opposes income taxes and thinks we should go back on the gold standard

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
ron paul is one of those nut cases that opposes income taxes and thinks we should go back on the gold standard
Perhaps, but I bet he knows when to capitalize and how to use punctuation.

Well, you (and Trump) must agree, that debt is good!!! Debt, especially national debt, was made so much easier to enter via the Federal Reserve System, its fiat money, and the 16th Amendment's income tax which assures the bankers that the interest on their loans will be paid.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio

Well, you (and Trump) must agree, that debt is good!!! Debt, especially national debt, was made so much easier to enter via the Federal Reserve System, its fiat money, and the 16th Amendment's income tax which assures the bankers that the interest on their loans will be paid.
big deal why is that even worth mentioning?

May 2018
none

To be fair, and I do think that Trump has done a lot to mess with the US economy, I can't take Ron Paul very seriously. The man is an absolute douchebag and attention seeker.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
To be fair, and I do think that Trump has done a lot to mess with the US economy, I can't take Ron Paul very seriously. The man is an absolute douchebag and attention seeker.
Your opinion.

Maybe you could define "douchebag," and then explain why Dr. Paul is one of them.

Reactions: Sabcat
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

I cannot imagine that you are familiar w/ lew rockwell or his publication therefore i have to come to the conclusion that you just googled a few random questions looking for an article to try and support your slurs against dr Paul and ironically chose lew rockwell.

Now that is funny.

Reactions: imaginethat

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
It is.

When asked if he was supportive of gay marriage, Paul responded, "I am supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want."

But Dr. Paul's specific positions on specific issues are far less important than the fact that he's an honest and honorable politician, which is an endangered species.

Reactions: Sabcat