Rosenstein reportedly discussed wearing 'wire,' invoking 25th Amendment against Trump

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
The Trump administration was rocked Friday afternoon by a bombshell report saying Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein last year suggested secretly recording President Trump to expose chaos in the White House and enlisting Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.
Rosenstein adamantly denied the accusations.
“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement to Fox News. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

Rosenstein reportedly discussed wearing 'wire,' invoking 25th Amendment against Trump

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Latest poll since McCaskill said she would not vote for Kavanaugh, now Hawley has a definite slight lead according to the polls, if you believe the polls. I think she is about to lose in Missouri.
My son and friends went to the Trump rally in Springfield, Mo yesterday. Got there too late to get in but watched with thousands on the jumbotron outside. Great time, few protesters and those were friendly. No confrontations or screaming. Newseys estimated around 25k people were there counting everyone outside too.

Nov 2012
Kekistan
The Trump administration was rocked Friday afternoon by a bombshell report saying Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein last year suggested secretly recording President Trump to expose chaos in the White House and enlisting Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.
Rosenstein adamantly denied the accusations.
“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement to Fox News. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

You really should read things before you post a link to them. What Rosenstien allegedly said he was going to do does not violate this law.
Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or
18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

:think::think:

Sep 2016
Oregon
The NY Times story on Resenstein is troubling. Rosenstein say it is not "factually" accurate, which is not saying he did not use those words. another says he was joking, in a meeting..that I chose to believe is more towards the truth. However, the statement does indicate they were meeting and talking about how or what to dowith or about Trump, in 2017 a short time after he took office. Why? This adds a lot of importance to all the weeks/months of speculation about just how the Obama DOJ and FBI were acting during and after the election. No pretty picture can be drawn from any of it.