Rudy Rudy Rudy!!

Dec 2015
Arizona
If you think, thunk Trump is a confusing mess of a man where facts/truth is concerned you haven't really been paying attention. Rudy Guiliani is setting reaching new heights in a particular vernacular. Rudy has so many stories about Trump Tower Moscow even HE can't keep up. Take your pick of damage control, back peddling, denial or just plain distraction ploy.
Here's where the media comes in.
Luckily, the press tends to record Rudy's comments--don't ya hate that? Let's begin with Trump's quote and keep in mind Trump claimed previously that he had no "dealings" with Russia (my words not his). In his debate with Hillary Clinton, Trump stated "I don't DEAL there." Referring to Russia.
So, in Rudy's interview with Meet the Press, concerning Trump Tower Moscow, he stated and I quote:
Guiliani: Well, it's our understanding that it -- that they went on throughout 2016. Weren't a lot of them, but there were conversations. Can't be sure of the exact date. But the president can remember having conversations with him about it.
Todd: Throughout 2016 --
Giuliani: "The president also remembers -- yeah, probably up -- could be up to as far as October, November. Our answers cover until the election. So anytime during that period they could've talked about it. But the president's recollection of it is that the thing had petered out quite a bit. They sent a letter of intent in.

Later on Sunday, Giuliani talked to The New York Times about the Trump Tower Moscow timeline. And this came out of the interview: "The Trump Tower Moscow discussions were 'going on from the day I announced to the day I won,' Mr. Giuliani quoted Mr. Trump as saying during an interview with The New York Times."
OK. So, as of Sunday night, it seemed entirely clear that Trump had been talking -- on and off -- with Cohen about the development in Moscow from the early days of the campaign until the end of the campaign. Right? Right!
Except that, on Monday afternoon, Giuliani released a statement walking back everything he had said on Sunday. Here's that statement:
"My recent statements about discussions during the 2016 campaign between Michael Cohen and then-candidate Donald Trump about a potential Trump Moscow 'project' were hypothetical and not based on conversations I had with the President. My comments did not represent the actual timing or circumstances of any such discussions. The point is that the proposal was in the earliest stage and did not advance beyond a free non-binding letter of intent."
Confused? Just wait! Because on Monday afternoon, Giuliani gave an interview to the New Yorker's Isaac Chotiner in which he muddied things even further. Below, the key exchange between Rudy and Chotiner:
Chotiner: The quote in the story from you is that the "'discussions were going on from the day I announced to the day I won,' Mr. Giuliani quoted Mr. Trump as saying during an interview with The New York Times."
Giuliani: I did not say that.

Here's a good way to think about Rudy Giuliani's handling of questions about when (or if) President Donald Trump had conversations during the 2016 campaign with his one-time lawyer Michael Cohen about plans to build Trump Tower Moscow: You throw 10 balls in the air at once and, only as they are all hurtling back toward you -- and the ground -- do you realize you only have two hands and can't possibly hope to catch them all.
Over the past 48 hours, it has all come crashing down around Giuliani.

Jan 2014
I haven’t decided if Rudy is crazy or crazy like a fox. If his purpose is to throw a bunch of stuff out there to create confusion, then he is doing a good job.

Apr 2013
Left coast
An analysis of this by Jim VandeHei, sort of top dog at Axios, not sure what his official title is, sort of is wondering too. On the surface he comes across as totally confused and scattered. But ...

What he said
: In remarks that he yesterday tried to walk back as "hypothetical," Giuliani admitted Trump's team may have been working on — and updating him on — a potential Trump Tower in Moscow all the way up to Election Day.

This possibility is a huge deal for four reasons:

1 .. Giuliani suggested that then-candidate Trump was aware of — and discussed — the deal far longer than previously disclosed. Giuliani, relaying a quote from the president that hardly sounds hypothetical, said in an interview with the N.Y. Times that Trump had told him the Trump Tower Moscow discussions were "going on from the day I announced to the day I won."

2 .. That would mean Trump was being untruthful or highly misleading with his repeated campaign denials of any Moscow business dealings, as late as his Oct. 9 debate with Hillary Clinton: "I don’t deal there."

3 .. This would mean Trump was cooking up a business deal with Vladimir Putin’s Russia while calling for warmer relations with Russia and questioning the U.S. role in Putin’s nemesis, NATO.

4 .. And Russian officials would have had negative information to hold over Trump, during the election and after. They would have known Trump was misleading the American people about his Moscow deal.

Why this matters: Imagine there was no drip, drip, drip — and we learned in one fell swoop that an American presidential candidate was secretly negotiating a multibillion-dollar business deal with an enemy of the United States (and falsely denied it) while that nation was seeking to tip our election in his favor.

Be smart: It appears the Giuliani strategy includes, little by little, confirming troubling facts so that they won't seem as jarring when revealed in full by Mueller or others.

This allows Trump and others to say: "This isn’t new." Or: "Trump disclosed this earlier."
Read the rest, more good stuff in the story: Why Rudy Giuliani's Trump Tower Moscow comments were the real news bombshell this weekend

Last edited:
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Lots of speculation about Giuliani. One report today says he and Trump have been at odds for weeks, that Giuliani hates the job and the Mueller report is going to be "horrific" for Trump. He is likely on his way out the door and these are his parting shots. Faux News of course claims Giuliani is dribbling out bits and pieces of the Mueller report to "lessen" the impact when it lands.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Personally, I think Rudy has dementia and can't remember WHAT he said to WHOM. Steely Bob needs to subpoena Rudy and if Rudy wants to chirp "Client Attorney privilege" Bob needs to say "NOT so fast, Dude".

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Frankly I worry that both Rudy and Trump have some sort of mental disorders. Giuliani seems to be displaying classic dementia. Trump has been displaying something more along the lines of Picks disease. There are days he absolutely reminds me of an ex that died from it.