Ruh- roh

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Just like you- are you not extremist in your opinions? What makes your's not extremist? Because you want to what? Force others to submit to your beliefs under the color of law- Liberty be damned-
No, I'm not.
Please give me an example of an extremist position I support.
And, of course, why exactly it's extremist.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
This presents a dilemma-

An article about the report in Guns in the News made an interesting point:

Before we go on, it is important to mention that handguns were responsible for the majority of firearms deaths. It is also important to point out that all firearms deaths combined made up the majority of all murders in the United States. Of the 14,123 murders in 2018, 10, 265 of them involved firearms — a 7 percent drop from the previous year. That being said, the number of rifle deaths is extremely important given that this is the weapon most often targeted by gun grabbers.
How many murders were committed by fully automatic weapons or other regulated devices (grenades, howitzers, mortars, sawed off shotguns or short barrel rifles)?
Notice that the article does not deal directly with the FBI data, does not provide a valid link, and apparently extracts and summarizes the sections that promote the biased argument.

A recently released FBI report entitled “2018: Crime in the United States” broke down murder by types of weapons used. Looking at the data, we see that the number of murders carried out last year with knives or cutting instruments was five times higher than the number of murders carried out with rifles.

According to the FBI, 1,515 people were killed by “knives and cutting instruments,” while only 297 were killed by “rifles” in 2018.

Sep 2019
Texas
How many murders were committed by fully automatic weapons or other regulated devices (grenades, howitzers, mortars, sawed off shotguns or short barrel rifles)?
Notice that the article does not deal directly with the FBI data, does not provide a valid link, and apparently extracts and summarizes the sections that promote the biased argument.

A recently released FBI report entitled “2018: Crime in the United States” broke down murder by types of weapons used. Looking at the data, we see that the number of murders carried out last year with knives or cutting instruments was five times higher than the number of murders carried out with rifles.

According to the FBI, 1,515 people were killed by “knives and cutting instruments,” while only 297 were killed by “rifles” in 2018.
And? Your point? Is one biased argument better than any other biased argument- perhaps you can point me in the direction you feel is better suited to non-biased arguments- I'm biased to err for Liberty- can you help me out?

Nov 2005
California
Just like you- are you not extremist in your opinions? What makes your's not extremist? Because you want to what? Force others to submit to your beliefs under the color of law- Liberty be damned-
Nobody is saying there aren't extremists in our opinions.
But the problem revolves around us making an argument and the response we get ignores what we actually say and instead whines about the extremists.
For those people, talk to the extremists who hold those positions then. Stop ignoring the non-extremist arguments by whining about other people's arguments.

Sep 2019
Texas
Nobody is saying there aren't extremists in our opinions.
But the problem revolves around us making an argument and the response we get ignores what we actually say and instead whines about the extremists.
For those people, talk to the extremists who hold those positions then. Stop ignoring the non-extremist arguments by whining about other people's arguments.
Who died and left you in charge of what people write? One sided conversations with narrow minded walls fixes nothing- attacking a messenger is not a response- it's a reaction- reactions are learned and perfected with practice- responses require thinking through- thinking requires an open mind- one sided conversations with narrow minded walls is not indicative of an open mind- neither is attacking the messenger vs addressing the message-

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
And? Your point? Is one biased argument better than any other biased argument- perhaps you can point me in the direction you feel is better suited to non-biased arguments- I'm biased to err for Liberty- can you help me out?
You presented a misrepresentation of firearm violence in the US so it is unlikely that anything I can state will have any impact. However, you should start by looking for dependably accurate sources of information and data on firearm violence. Your "bias for liberty" is suspect because it demonstrates a toxic, Jingoistic and naive conceptualization of firearms in civilian hands in American society. Your "liberty" as reflected in easy access to firearms has reduced the "liberty" of those who want to live in a society without preventable violence and injury. So you are probably not really biased to freedom so much as a childish need to do whatever you want without any concern for the impact, directly or indirectly, upon others.

Nov 2005
California
Who died and left you in charge of what people write?
Nobody.
Did my comments confuse you into thinking I believed that I was in charge?

One sided conversations with narrow minded walls fixes nothing- attacking a messenger is not a response...
ROFLMAO!
I encourage you to look at what you just typed and recognize you are exactly guilty of what you just complained about.
You call others "narrow minded" and you attack the messenger instead of addressing the points made.
You addressed absolutely zero of the points I raised.

Reactions: leekohler2