Russia hacked Burisma

Feb 2018
Oregon
Yeah, "but still". This is not a good thing to have confirmed. It's one time I'd be happy to be wrong. What's the solution? I think we need two separate internet web systems. One would be strictly isolated to US only. Could it be done?

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
Yeah, "but still". This is not a good thing to have confirmed. It's one time I'd be happy to be wrong. What's the solution? I think we need two separate internet web systems. One would be strictly isolated to US only. Could it be done?
I agree with you, it's not a good thing.

I'm not sure what kind of regulation is possible, and I understand the need for world-wide communication, but something should be done. The Russians are super-advanced in their cyber, and it's not a good thing.

And if they can do it there, they certainly can do it here (as well as China, Israel, Iran, or whoever else wants to)

Dec 2015
Arizona
I wish I could say this is unbelievable, but it's not. This is what we've become---completely indifferent to what used to be SHOCKING revelations.
I still don't get it. The BIDENS??? WTHell?
Embarrassing the Bidens will do what? Do they think Joe will back out? Do they think Americans CARE? After all the garbage---all the criminal activities of Trump Spanky and his Gang--all the scandals? The GOP, Russia and Trump STILL THINK that embarrassing Joe Biden and making an example of his son will take Joe out of the race or what?
So, what if this works? So what?
Bernie or Warren or Buttigieg step into first place. How does that help them? It doesn't matter which one of the top four RUNS for office. Democrats will vote for THE NOMINEE---no matter who it is. These people are so stupid.

I really don't see their game plan, but then maybe there isn't one?

Reactions: se7en
Sep 2019
U.S.A.
It seems likely that Russia is also taking cues if not requests from Trump in some way....we obviously wont know what is happening any more than anything else this President does but that some type of coordination and dialogue takes place in painfully clear. Considering that the ONLY way to hack our elections is from within, this is freightening.

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
I wish I could say this is unbelievable, but it's not. This is what we've become---completely indifferent to what used to be SHOCKING revelations.
I still don't get it. The BIDENS??? WTHell?
Embarrassing the Bidens will do what? Do they think Joe will back out? Do they think Americans CARE? After all the garbage---all the criminal activities of Trump Spanky and his Gang--all the scandals? The GOP, Russia and Trump STILL THINK that embarrassing Joe Biden and making an example of his son will take Joe out of the race or what?
So, what if this works? So what?
Bernie or Warren or Buttigieg step into first place. How does that help them? It doesn't matter which one of the top four RUNS for office. Democrats will vote for THE NOMINEE---no matter who it is. These people are so stupid.

I really don't see their game plan, but then maybe there isn't one?
they started in November, which coincidentally was right around the height of the impeachment hearings.

Area 1 discovered the breach on New Year's Eve too, this timing is wild (remember the US allegedly foiled a terrorist attack in Russia right before NYE, according to Putin) (and the Baghdad embassy attack on NYE)

all intelligence agencies agree it was specifically to try to gain access to information that could be used as propaganda to help trump with impeachment and 2020 election.

So it's now confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that Russia will be interfering in our 2020 election on behalf of donald trump.

Jul 2019
Georgia
It seems likely that Russia is also taking cues if not requests from Trump in some way....we obviously wont know what is happening any more than anything else this President does but that some type of coordination and dialogue takes place in painfully clear. Considering that the ONLY way to hack our elections is from within, this is freightening.
this is entirely possible, trump has talked with a lot of Russians lately, including Putin, and refused to give readouts of conversations (as far as I know, anyway)

He's gotten away with everything so far (minus the Ukraine scandal, but he'll probably get away with that too) so why not?

if any of this was coordinated, that's absolute conspiracy (or collusion as the MAGAs love to call it)

Dec 2015
Arizona
this is entirely possible, trump has talked with a lot of Russians lately, including Putin, and refused to give readouts of conversations (as far as I know, anyway)

He's gotten away with everything so far....
THIS! AND what are we going to do about it? The fact that Trump has gotten away with everything SHOULD be a wake-up call for this country. There is something incredibly, horribly WRONG with a system of government that ALLOWS a sitting president to gain more power and more power----to disregard precendents/protocols---to demean and mock this country's voters---to LIE continually to the American people.
Trump is out of control and we have no power at all.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
THIS! AND what are we going to do about it? The fact that Trump has gotten away with everything SHOULD be a wake-up call for this country. There is something incredibly, horribly WRONG with a system of government that ALLOWS a sitting president to gain more power and more power----to disregard precendents/protocols---to demean and mock this country's voters---to LIE continually to the American people.
Trump is out of control and we have no power at all.
This is unfortunate and disheartening in its accuracy. The ONLY reason this is happening is the combination of Republican congressional buy in and the extremely loud spittle spray of the Trumpist base of MAGA marching marionettes. There seems nothing to be done beyond hoping and voting while praying our system is strong enough to recover. The American Constitution is being shredded by the people who claim to believe in it.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Russia is trying to protect their greatest asset, Trump is doing more to destroy America than than the old USSR ever dreamed of.
As long as the Russians have him in place, their position in the world grows stronger, and the US fades from power.
Of course they are going to do whatever they can to keep him in power.