Sanctuary cities cry cutting off federal funds is unconstitutional.

Jul 2015
USA
See Sanctuary Cities Argue Trump Threat To Cut Federal Funding Is Unconstitutional

”SEATTLE (AP) – Politicians in New York, Seattle and other “sanctuary cities” that protect immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally declared Wednesday they won’t be intimidated by a move by President Donald Trump to cut off millions in federal funding to such communities.
Many cities vowed legal action, arguing that the threatened punishment would be unconstitutional. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh promised to let immigrants who feel threatened by the administration’s actions take shelter in City Hall if necessary.”

These pinkos who passed all kinds of restrictions on the states with the threat of cutting off federal funds are now going to get a taste of their own medicine.

See: The State of Nevada, Plaintiff-appellant, v. Samuel K. Skinner* Secretary of Transportationfor the United States; and A.j in which federal highway funds can be cut off if states do not reduce speed limit to 55 mph.

"Nevada has pegged its attack on the national speed limit on the wobbly legs of the coercion test. While we strongly doubt the vitality of that theory, we conclude that, alive or dead, it is of no consequence here. Congress could have mandated a national speed limit under its Commerce power: that it chose to enact a lesser restraint, by cutting off highway funds to states unwilling to adopt the designated limit, does not render its actions unconstitutional."

AFFIRMED.

Additionally, Trump needs to start locking up those who are harboring illegal entrants SEE: 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax slaves and forced to finance the personal economic needs of millions of foreigners who have invaded America’s borders.

Apr 2016
Shady Dale, GA
Federal funding gets cut off to school districts, cities, towns, counties, all the time for not complying with different stipulations. Look at the lunch program. If a school didn't adopt that new menu system, they stood to lose funding. Schools that have less than the 180 days can lose funding. Why should states that refuse to enforce the law be any different?

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Federal funding to cities is actually unconstitutional. These citiy's biggest fear should be a potential Supreme Court that upholds the Constitution.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Federal funding gets cut off to school districts, cities, towns, counties, all the time for not complying with different stipulations. Look at the lunch program. If a school didn't adopt that new menu system, they stood to lose funding. Schools that have less than the 180 days can lose funding. Why should states that refuse to enforce the law be any different?

Soooo....the GOP is abandoning their states rights platform??

Mar 2013
Britton, SD
Federal funding to cities is actually unconstitutional. These citiy's biggest fear should be a potential Supreme Court that upholds the Constitution.
...Federal funding to cities or states?...Are you trying to tell me that it's worthless to pay my federal taxes?...Some of that money needs to come back to my community Period...There is no argument you can make, the fed wastes money on itself...Federal taxes should be decreased at states increased then we can take care of our own infrastructures, the Feds have proved their ineptness time and again...

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Why no I would not call this a states right issue. Unless you consider aiding in breaking the law a right
IMO this is also a states rights issue. If they fight this and win I still see them loosing funding and be ready to have a vote on abortion.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
...Federal funding to cities or states?...Are you trying to tell me that it's worthless to pay my federal taxes?...Some of that money needs to come back to my community Period...There is no argument you can make, the fed wastes money on itself...Federal taxes should be decreased at states increased then we can take care of our own infrastructures, the Feds have proved their ineptness time and again...
I agree.

If the federal government takes that money from the citizens of the states that money should be spent on the states, but that is an extortion scheme.

The money should never have gone to the federal government as they should only be allowed to take what is necessarily to operate under their enumerated powers in Article I. The states and the people should keep that money.

The whole state's infrastructures is a scam as well. The federal government takes the money from the states and gives it back with strings: follow their rules on speed limits or no money for roads. Follow their rules on what students can eat at school or no money for schools. Etc.

Sep 2016
Oregon
States are given money to enforce "laws". The portion for that can be taken away, when they refuse to do it, and that can apply in several ways.

How many would approve of a Mayor giving sanctuary to illegal felons...in their City Hall?

Jul 2015
USA

On that we agree completely! Keep in mind RINOs are in bed with Democrats over financing things not authorized Under Article 1, Section 8, Clause 8. This is how they "spread the wealth" to their inner circle crowd.

JWK