Sanders wins Wyoming caucuses by 11 point margin, but Hillary gets more delegates

Boo

Feb 2016
So Cal
Despite winning the caucus vote by a margin of 55.7 percent to 44.3 percent, Sanders wound up receiving the same number of delegates as Clinton, both receiving seven. This is because delegates are assigned in each of three categories -- at-large, party leaders and elected officials, and congressional district -- on a "fractional" basis according to the vote, and then the fractions are rounded off to whole numbers

Blog: Sanders wins Wyoming caucuses by 11 point margin, but Hillary gets more delegates

Not one of you Lefty's will say a word about your establishment stealing this nomination from Bernie. Our side is no better as they are now talking about changing the convention rules to accommodate THEIR pick instead of ours.

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
"Leftys?" what is this, 1935?

I, for one, am a registered Democrat - and largely a straight party ticket voter - and I am totally against Hillary getting more delegates and Mr. Sanders' win being minimized in importance. He is MY choice.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Despite winning the caucus vote by a margin of 55.7 percent to 44.3 percent, Sanders wound up receiving the same number of delegates as Clinton, both receiving seven. This is because delegates are assigned in each of three categories -- at-large, party leaders and elected officials, and congressional district -- on a "fractional" basis according to the vote, and then the fractions are rounded off to whole numbers

Blog: Sanders wins Wyoming caucuses by 11 point margin, but Hillary gets more delegates

Not one of you Lefty's will say a word about your establishment stealing this nomination from Bernie. Our side is no better as they are now talking about changing the convention rules to accommodate THEIR pick instead of ours.

Well, as far as I'm concerned this is another post where someone is saying "GUESS WHAT!! Water is wet!" And we are all supposed to show our shock and be all stunned. Really?
Stealing, rigging, controlling, managing, and ultimately winning is the whole point. Always has been. Always will be....or at least until the next election when the rules are changed again. Of course it's rigged. It's ...... what's the word.....oh yeah....POLITICS. Has it ever been NOT rigged? Not controlled?
We talked about this on DTT months ago: THE delegates. The super-delegates. GET THEM LINED UP NOW.
Candidates in both parties KNOW the system. They signed ON to the system. They agreed to the system. It's a chess game. You don't get to change the rules because you're losing and Bernie knew---Bernie KNOWS how the game is played. Bernie has done beautifully but he's never going to get the nomination--never WAS. He's not the establishment candidate.
BOTH parties want an establishment candidate and that's who they are going to get come hell or high water.
Honestly, I think some presidential candidates don't even understand the Electoral College system.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

The D party is playing with fire. The party bosses assume the party faithful will always remain faithful.

This is why saying to hell with your choice, we're not voting party line is a step in the right direction, one that must be taken, not a wasted vote.

Reactions: 2 people

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Each party has every right to chose its candidate however its charter is set up.

Is this Democratic Party system any more "unfair" than the Republican Party's winner take all states?

Apr 2013
The Milky Way
As posted on another thread a day ago, Sanders people have a different accounting of the delegates than the Hillary-Media has. He is closer than their numbers, and super delegates may be wavering.

In the real world, a candidate that lost 8 of 9 would be targeted by the MSM, here, they just snooze.

Hillary, not so popular amongst Democrats.

Boo

Feb 2016
So Cal
Well, as far as I'm concerned this is another post where someone is saying "GUESS WHAT!! Water is wet!" And we are all supposed to show our shock and be all stunned. Really?
Stealing, rigging, controlling, managing, and ultimately winning is the whole point. Always has been. Always will be....or at least until the next election when the rules are changed again. Of course it's rigged. It's ...... what's the word.....oh yeah....POLITICS. Has it ever been NOT rigged? Not controlled?
We talked about this on DTT months ago: THE delegates. The super-delegates. GET THEM LINED UP NOW.
Candidates in both parties KNOW the system. They signed ON to the system. They agreed to the system. It's a chess game. You don't get to change the rules because you're losing and Bernie knew---Bernie KNOWS how the game is played. Bernie has done beautifully but he's never going to get the nomination--never WAS. He's not the establishment candidate.
BOTH parties want an establishment candidate and that's who they are going to get come hell or high water.
Honestly, I think some presidential candidates don't even understand the Electoral College system.
ALL of which misses the point. We do not have to stand for this. They have no power except that which we give them. The fact that you are willing to settle for less than honesty says more about you than anything else.

Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2014
nunya
LOL @ Democrats and their superdelegats. The democrats seem to be all about democracy when it suits there narrative. Meanwhile the news media is full of stories about the Republicans stealing the nomination and brokered convention. Let me put this in perspective. All that shit you hear about the Republican party stopping Trump and a brokered convention, Ryan or whoever is shit. Its fantasy THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED. It is nothing but fear mongering speculation brought on by liberals in a smoke and mirror game. The true political shennanigans right now are with the Democrats and their super delegates. The Democrats have that built in to keep their establishment going. That is what collective form of government does. Remember the USSR had elections...hahahahaa. Here kids, this is the delegate count showing without super delegates.

Boo

Feb 2016
So Cal
Each party has every right to chose its candidate however its charter is set up.

Is this Democratic Party system any more "unfair" than the Republican Party's winner take all states?
I called my side out too.