Sanders: 'Your $8.99 Netflix subscription is more than the company paid in federal income taxes

Dec 2018
Indiana
You don't seem to understand that it's not a fantasy. I worked for a company that did this. You don't know what you're taking about on this topic.
You don't seem to understand that your word alone means nothing, nada, zip, zero. Verify your claims with evidence and documentation for scrutiny or drop it ...PUSU. No excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2018
New England
You don't seem to understand that your word alone means nothing, nada, zip, zero. Verify your claims with evidence and documentation for scrutiny or drop it ...PUSU. No excuses.
The information is not hard to find with even the slightest effort (emphasis added):

"Foreign corporations have plenty of reasons to set up offices in Switzerland. Approximately 30% of Fortune 500 companies have operations in the country. The national government offers significant tax breaks to companies that hold 20% shares of other corporations. Specifically, the government reduces the amount of taxes a corporation owes on profit based on the number of shares it owns. In Switzerland, cantons are similar to states, and cantons levy no taxes on holding corporations. As such, shell corporations often set up operations in Switzerland to take advantage of low or no taxation."

I say again, you are not nearly as familiar with this topic as you believe and you should be more open minded.

Dec 2018
New England
Here's another, and the first sentence could not provide more confirmation for you: "Utilizing an intellectual property holding company is one of the most common legal tax avoidance strategies out there."

Do let me know if you need more.

Dec 2015
Arizona
The information is not hard to find with even the slightest effort (emphasis added):

"Foreign corporations have plenty of reasons to set up offices in Switzerland. Approximately 30% of Fortune 500 companies have operations in the country. The national government offers significant tax breaks to companies that hold 20% shares of other corporations. Specifically, the government reduces the amount of taxes a corporation owes on profit based on the number of shares it owns. In Switzerland, cantons are similar to states, and cantons levy no taxes on holding corporations. As such, shell corporations often set up operations in Switzerland to take advantage of low or no taxation."

I say again, you are not nearly as familiar with this topic as you believe and you should be more open minded.
OH that just made my day, Nat....the part about "you should be more open-minded"......fabulous!
Absolutely side-splitting, Nat-Pot.
Let me introduce you to my friend, Kettle.

Reactions: Rescue Basket
Dec 2018
Indiana
Here's another, and the first sentence could not provide more confirmation for you: "Utilizing an intellectual property holding company is one of the most common legal tax avoidance strategies out there."

Do let me know if you need more.
Again, what's the name of this corporation that you allude in your scenario in post #17? Perhaps the IRS needs to know about their Swiss activities.

The IRS continues to uncover abusive tax-avoidance schemes involving offshore activity. Find information here pertaining to Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS). (emphasis mine) ...

Offshore Tax-Avoidance and IRS Compliance Efforts | Internal Revenue Service

Agreement between the United States and the Swiss Confederation:

By the way, no one is denying that corporations are doing whatever possible to avoid paying their taxes in the U.S.

Congressional Republicans insist that the IRS stay one jump behind the latest foreign schemes.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
New England
Again, what's the name of this corporation that you allude in your scenario in post #17? Perhaps the IRS needs to know about their Swiss activities.

The IRS continues to uncover abusive tax-avoidance schemes involving offshore activity. Find information here pertaining to Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS). (emphasis mine) ...

Offshore Tax-Avoidance and IRS Compliance Efforts | Internal Revenue Service

Agreement between the United States and the Swiss Confederation:

By the way, no one is denying that corporations are doing whatever possible to avoid paying their taxes in the U.S.

Congressional Republicans insist that the IRS stay one jump behind the latest foreign schemes.
I described what many companies do in post 17 as the cite in post 62 tells you. And no, I will not be sharing the name of my previous employer nor any other personally identifying information about me in this forum.

And that you think the IRS would find this illegal is yet another demonstration that you really don't understand this subject.

Dec 2018
New England
Tsk tsk. Your president's personal attorney says "Truth isn't truth"....and I heard it through the grapevine but America has arrived in a post-truth era.
Here's a quick test. Be honest, at what point in the whole Ukrainian call mess did you decide the President should be impeached by the House, found guilty by the Senate, and removed from office?