Saying "I Am Gay" Will Get You Kicked Out of Florida Private Schools

Apr 2016
Florida
Note, these are schools that receive federal funding to pay their owners/administrators millions of dollars a year to operate in a completely non-transparent manner.

Not one cent should be given to them.

Florida governor, legislators back state funding for private, anti-LGBT schools | Commentary

During pride month, Florida politicians love talking about their passion for equality.
They’re much less eager to talk about the anti-equality programs they fund the rest of the year — specifically millions of public dollars they send to schools that discriminate against LGBT families and even expel students who say they’re gay.

Many Floridians aren’t aware they fund such a system. And guys like Gov. Ron DeSantis and House Speaker Jose Oliva don’t like to talk about it.
But you should know it’s out there. Because it’s blatant.

At one of Florida’s approved voucher schools in Brevard County, for example, being gay is actually the only expellable offense listed in the school’s “ethics” policy.
Lying, cheating and destruction of school property are also bad, according to the Merritt Island Christian School student handbook — but only to the extent that they’re listed as “Class II infractions” worthy of punishments like a five-day suspension.

Being gay or transgender is grounds for expulsion — and for denial of admission to this school that received more than $700,000 in public funds last year to educate more than 140 students on state “scholarships.”

At Trinity Christian Academy in Volusia County, the school provides a list of sentences students are not allowed to utter. “I am gay” is one of them.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Note, these are schools that receive federal funding to pay their owners/administrators millions of dollars a year to operate in a completely non-transparent manner.

Not one cent should be given to them.

Florida governor, legislators back state funding for private, anti-LGBT schools | Commentary

During pride month, Florida politicians love talking about their passion for equality.
They’re much less eager to talk about the anti-equality programs they fund the rest of the year — specifically millions of public dollars they send to schools that discriminate against LGBT families and even expel students who say they’re gay.

Many Floridians aren’t aware they fund such a system. And guys like Gov. Ron DeSantis and House Speaker Jose Oliva don’t like to talk about it.
But you should know it’s out there. Because it’s blatant.

At one of Florida’s approved voucher schools in Brevard County, for example, being gay is actually the only expellable offense listed in the school’s “ethics” policy.
Lying, cheating and destruction of school property are also bad, according to the Merritt Island Christian School student handbook — but only to the extent that they’re listed as “Class II infractions” worthy of punishments like a five-day suspension.

Being gay or transgender is grounds for expulsion — and for denial of admission to this school that received more than $700,000 in public funds last year to educate more than 140 students on state “scholarships.”

At Trinity Christian Academy in Volusia County, the school provides a list of sentences students are not allowed to utter. “I am gay” is one of them.

And they call themselves a Christian school. Despicable humans.

Reactions: Howey
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I don’t personally care much what a private business does. If the community has an issue with this kind of stuff they should let their voices and dollars be known.

Reactions: Jackaloppe

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I don’t personally care much what a private business does. If the community has an issue with this kind of stuff they should let their voices and dollars be known.
I have a lot of sympathy for your view here, but one issue that isn't so easy to just ignore is that this will one way or another instill certain values in the students. That is the type of values which the majority of people now consider to be wrong. At some point society over-rules parental rights and I would suggest that this might be a situation where that could pertain.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Are you saying that all of private schools in Florida are "Christian", or are you just taking opportunity to spout off your hatred once again?
Read the damned thread instead of being a mindless Trumpet hater.
The link in the OP was a story which highlighted Trinity Christian Academy.

BTW, I am willing to bet that teh overwhelming majority of private schools in FL are Christian. Not that it matters in reference to your Trumpish post.

Reactions: tristanrobin
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Are you saying that all of private schools in Florida are "Christian", or are you just taking opportunity to spout off your hatred once again?
What "hatred?"

do you even bother reading post or do you just knee jerk reaction a response to the headline?

jesus - get an effing grip

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
That particular school sounds like a particularly un-Christian-inspired Christian school. From their handbook, it would appear they need to readdress their true priorities and just call themselves the anti-gay school for bigots and leave Christianity out of it.

I don't care what private schools do - or what their rules are. I think they're repulsive when they espouse bigotry and prejudice of course. But, it is their right to do so. However, I am REALLY pissed when my money is given to them to do it.

May 2018
Chicago
It's not really a private business when they're taking hundreds of thousands of tax dollars. I have a major problem with that. Everyone should.

Reactions: Howey and noonereal
Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Read the damned thread instead of being a mindless Trumpet hater.
The link in the OP was a story which highlighted Trinity Christian Academy.

BTW, I am willing to bet that teh overwhelming majority of private schools in FL are Christian. Not that it matters in reference to your Trumpish post.
Don't give shit brainless one. I read your post, and asked a question. Too much of a snowflake to deal with.? Tough titty said the cat to the kitty.