Saying "I Am Gay" Will Get You Kicked Out of Florida Private Schools

May 2018
Chicago
If we did not live in a secular society it woulld be. However, we do not have a theocracy so "live and let live".
WTF? What are you even talking about? These people are using tax dollars to discriminate. That is disgusting and wrong AND despicable. If they want to discriminate, they should use their own money. THAT would be "live and let live".

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I have a lot of sympathy for your view here, but one issue that isn't so easy to just ignore is that this will one way or another instill certain values in the students. That is the type of values which the majority of people now consider to be wrong. At some point society over-rules parental rights and I would suggest that this might be a situation where that could pertain.
Today is actually a good day to discuss this.

Conservative Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv is claiming he had been previously accepted to Harvard but the school has pulled his offer since damning texts and tweets Kashuv put out came to light. While I'm not a fan of people digging up crap from the past and punishing them in the present, I don't have a problem with this because Harvard is a private school and their job at the end of the day is to make money. If they feel Kashuv is a hindrance to their ability to make money, they can do whatever they want.

So I can't say Harvard has the right to turn away this individual without saying religious private schools have the right as well.

It's not an answer many will like, but I'm trying to be consistent.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Today is actually a good day to discuss this.

Conservative Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv is claiming he had been previously accepted to Harvard but the school has pulled his offer since damning texts and tweets Kashuv put out came to light. While I'm not a fan of people digging up crap from the past and punishing them in the present, I don't have a problem with this because Harvard is a private school and their job at the end of the day is to make money. If they feel Kashuv is a hindrance to their ability to make money, they can do whatever they want.

So I can't say Harvard has the right to turn away this individual without saying religious private schools have the right as well.

It's not an answer many will like, but I'm trying to be consistent.
Of significance here is whether Harvard also takes fed money. Some have argued that since they take students with various forms of government scholarships and aid, they are also accepting tax dollars so they too can be held to a different standard.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Of significance here is whether Harvard also takes fed money. Some have argued that since they take students with various forms of government scholarships and aid, they are also accepting tax dollars so they too can be held to a different standard.
I don't think tax dollars really factors into this equation.

I don't agree that tax dollars (federal funding) should go to Harvard if they're going to withhold a student for dumb comments he made when he was 16 between friends
I don't agree that tax dollars should go to religious schools in the form of school voucher programs if they expel gay students
I don't agree that my personal tax dollars should go to FoxConn, a foreign company coming to my home state where they won't even guarantee a percentage of jobs will go to local residents.

I don't agree with my money going towards any of these things. But we live in a society where taxes are collected from the citizens to fund programs the government sees as worthy. My influence on the process is to elect the officials who decide where my money goes.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
WTF? What are you even talking about? These people are using tax dollars to discriminate. That is disgusting and wrong AND despicable. If they want to discriminate, they should use their own money. THAT would be "live and let live".
My response was the correct one for the questioned asked even if you are too ignorant to understand it.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
For what it's worth, this Kyle kid does appear to be a piece of shit

Pro-gun Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv says his Harvard admission was pulled over racist, anti-Semitic slurs

"One screenshot of the alleged comments showed Kashuv using the N-word more than a dozen times in a study guide on Google Docs, while another accused him of referring to black athletes as “n---erjocks” in a text. Another showed Kashuv allegedly writing “Kill all the f--king Jews. F--k the Jews.”"

Apr 2013
La La Land North
For what it's worth, this Kyle kid does appear to be a piece of shit

Pro-gun Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv says his Harvard admission was pulled over racist, anti-Semitic slurs

"One screenshot of the alleged comments showed Kashuv using the N-word more than a dozen times in a study guide on Google Docs, while another accused him of referring to black athletes as “n---erjocks” in a text. Another showed Kashuv allegedly writing “Kill all the f--king Jews. F--k the Jews.”"
Ah, a Trump supporter.

Dec 2018
U.S
Not one cent should be given to them.

Seems as if 'cenrs', or money, is the reward for 'good works'... I wonder if it is true??

You take a person who is struggling with an addiction and when that person decides to do something good for his/her own life, such as detoxing or some other thing, the rewards keep on coming in to continue in encouraging good progress. But when a person is doing okay without any such major positive choices needing to be made, his/her piggy bank jar or 'savings' begin to dwindle leaving them wondering how and why....

it must be those large sized non normal cockroaches that are seeming to be the culprits... lol

Even the normal cockroaches look at them strangely.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
U.S
For some strange reason the world, at least the U.S seems to be having a surge in 'gay' persons being/becoming. I dont think I've heard of any time with such 'births' of 'gay'...to the 'numbers'...

Jul 2019
UT
So, in the title you do state that it is a private school. Which I believe that they should do what they want if it is actually private. However, you do say that they receive public funding which makes it a public school. Which I believe that if they do get public help, they need to represent everyone. But I do believe that there should not be public education. People will pay the schools that accept them and if a school does not allow homosexual behavior then it will suffer the consequences by losing homosexual students. So I have no problem with people being jerks to others. But having free market schooling will allow for people to have a say in what kind of education they really want.