Saying "I Am Gay" Will Get You Kicked Out of Florida Private Schools

Sep 2018
KC, MO
That particular school sounds like a particularly un-Christian-inspired Christian school. From their handbook, it would appear they need to readdress their true priorities and just call themselves the anti-gay school for bigots and leave Christianity out of it.
You're Still Pretending Your Sexual Proclivities
Are Fluid To Christian Scripture

I Didn't Know Parochial Schools Were Funded To Operate By Tax Dollars
Oh Wait, They're Not
Vouchers Are Just A Means To Help Parents Pay Tuition
It's Not The Same Thing

Nov 2012
nirvana
Note, these are schools that receive federal funding to pay their owners/administrators millions of dollars a year to operate in a completely non-transparent manner.

Not one cent should be given to them.

Florida governor, legislators back state funding for private, anti-LGBT schools | Commentary

During pride month, Florida politicians love talking about their passion for equality.
They’re much less eager to talk about the anti-equality programs they fund the rest of the year — specifically millions of public dollars they send to schools that discriminate against LGBT families and even expel students who say they’re gay.

Many Floridians aren’t aware they fund such a system. And guys like Gov. Ron DeSantis and House Speaker Jose Oliva don’t like to talk about it.
But you should know it’s out there. Because it’s blatant.

At one of Florida’s approved voucher schools in Brevard County, for example, being gay is actually the only expellable offense listed in the school’s “ethics” policy.
Lying, cheating and destruction of school property are also bad, according to the Merritt Island Christian School student handbook — but only to the extent that they’re listed as “Class II infractions” worthy of punishments like a five-day suspension.

Being gay or transgender is grounds for expulsion — and for denial of admission to this school that received more than $700,000 in public funds last year to educate more than 140 students on state “scholarships.”

At Trinity Christian Academy in Volusia County, the school provides a list of sentences students are not allowed to utter. “I am gay” is one of them.

Interesting. Saying you are a dumbass child molester will get you a job with Fox News. Of course you have to have either Catholic or evangelical credentials also.

Nov 2005
California
Today is actually a good day to discuss this.
Conservative Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv is claiming he had been previously accepted to Harvard but the school has pulled his offer since damning texts and tweets Kashuv put out came to light. While I'm not a fan of people digging up crap from the past and punishing them in the present, I don't have a problem with this because Harvard is a private school and their job at the end of the day is to make money. If they feel Kashuv is a hindrance to their ability to make money, they can do whatever they want.
So I can't say Harvard has the right to turn away this individual without saying religious private schools have the right as well.
It's not an answer many will like, but I'm trying to be consistent.
There have been similar situations in the past (not involving schools if I recall correctly) where state / local laws forbidding discrimination against gays resulted in pulled state / local government funding from the "private" discriminatory organization.
There is no law at the federal level forbidding sexual orientation discrimination.

Regardless, the specific problem that Kyle got in trouble for does not seem to be covered by any state or government law. His situation is not involving discrimination based on race, gender, religion, or any of the established illegal grounds for discrimination. I doubt one will ever be passed to cover the dumb, racist / anti-semitic crap he said.

:rolleyes:
Ignoring the subject of "what does the bible truly say about homosexuality", there is the issue of what the bible says about treating sinners, which the bible says we all are.
Taking the "Lord's name" in vain is a sin, but does the school kick out those who swear?
Disrespecting your parents is a sin, but does the school kick out those who argue with their parents?
Respecting the Sabbath has a sin, but does the school kick out those who skip church on Sunday?
In fact, many Christian parochial schools will accept people who are not Christian, violating the first commandment. So why do they get a pass but it's gays who are singled out?

There are some Christians who are blind to the fact that this one "sin" (as they refer to it) gets an especially harsh treatment.
Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", but there are an awful lot of Christians who are eager to chastise gays and discriminate against them...
And I have yet to meet a Christian who can explain how there is any biblical basis for this harsher treatment...

Oh Wait, They're Not
The original article identified they do receive government funding. You blindly dismissing facts is illogical.
And it's not "vouchers" as that legislation only passed a few months ago in Florida.

Apr 2016
Florida

Oh Wait, They're Not
Vouchers Are Just A Means To Help Parents Pay Tuition
It's Not The Same Thing
Yes, they are. Trinity Christian, which is about twenty miles from my home, offers state-administered scholarships to students based upon federal dollars coming from tax dollars in lieu of tax dollars going to the general fund.

What this means is that the school is not only taxpayer funded, the money comes directly from dollars that would otherwise benefit all students.

Oh. Seattle QB Paxton Lynch graduated from Trinity. He's a dud, soon to be released.