Scientific research shows gender is not just a social construct

Nov 2012
Rhondda
I am not a parent so take this with a boulder of salt. But my position on this kind of debate is what's wrong with accepting that just some people are different?

Is it possible that male brains operate slightly different than female brains? Yea.
Is it possible that some male brains operate with more female characteristics than the typical male brain? Yea.

My sister is as liberal hippy as they come and wanted to raise her son as gender neutral as possible. You know what he loved more than anything else as a kid? Garbage trucks and construction equipment.

My best friend has two boys who want to do nothing but wrestle. And his daughter loves anything as long as it's pink or purple.

So what's the problem if a boy wants to play with toy trucks and wrestle? And what the problem if a boy wants to play with dolls and makeup? For me, nothing. You do you. There are infinite levels of crazy in this world and the only people we should be worried about are those who think they have no level of crazy :)
The problem is when people expect children to respond according to programme, I suppose, and an awful lot do. What's more, other issues get mixed in. A boy I knew who was bullied, in a school that went in heavily for helping trans-sexuals, took it up to get friendly attention, and for a while dressed up in dresses, then gave it up when he left school. I think there IS huge programming, and we won't know what's what till we cut it down, and also huge unhappiness. Me, I just like to see kids happy, whatever.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Sexual orentation occurs in the womb. Surprizingly women also produce testersone and women with an elevelated level produce gays. Scientific research has so demonstrtated and DTT please turn back on spell-check which is more than a handy crutch.

My understanding is that every fetus starts with both male and female genitalia. At some point fairly early on there is a gene that starts generating testosterone and that's when the fetus starts to become male. In the absence of that gene the fetus becomes female. I suspect that gays and lesbians are created when there is a hormone imbalance at this point in development.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
My understanding is that every fetus starts with both male and female genitalia. At some point fairly early on there is a gene that starts generating testosterone and that's when the fetus starts to become male. In the absence of that gene the fetus becomes female. I suspect that gays and lesbians are created when there is a hormone imbalance at this point in development.
you do realize its a lot more complex than that environmental factors after birth also play a part, scientists admit that, in fact the only you hear more about it that the pc crowd terrizes any sceintic study that conflicts with their orthodoxy, and that is very dangerous

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
you do realize its a lot more complex than that environmental factors after birth also play a part, scientists admit that, in fact the only you hear more about it that the pc crowd terrizes any sceintic study that conflicts with their orthodoxy, and that is very dangerous

I realize full well that science does not yet have all of the answers. There is a lot of debate between nature versus nurture. However, on that front I do NOT believe that our fundamental sexuality is nurture. I find it very hard to believe we "create" gay people. If that is true, then why do 99.999% of gay people have straight parents ?? I'm not sure there's a "gay gene", tho if they ever identify one it'll put a whole bunch of fundy christains in a absolute paradox of a conundrum. I'm not sure what happens in the womb that creates a person attracted to their own sex. But I don't believe gays have any more "choice" in the matter than straight people do.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I realize full well that science does not yet have all of the answers. There is a lot of debate between nature versus nurture. However, on that front I do NOT believe that our fundamental sexuality is nurture. I find it very hard to believe we "create" gay people. If that is true, then why do 99.999% of gay people have straight parents ?? I'm not sure there's a "gay gene", tho if they ever identify one it'll put a whole bunch of fundy christains in a absolute paradox of a conundrum. I'm not sure what happens in the womb that creates a person attracted to their own sex. But I don't believe gays have any more "choice" in the matter than straight people do.
its complex dont try ti simplify it, both sides do and thats dangerous

Jun 2013
Katmandu
Some friends just went the IVF route. They had their choice of sex before the fertilized eggs was implanted.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
The major difficulty in gender-neutral parenting is that people are scared of the term and the process itself. The fear appears because of the lack of understanding what it really means. Somehow it is closely connected with the prejudice that it's making the kids turn into freaks or the like.
why would be gender nuetral? thats pc social engineering your hurting your kids child abuse