Scientists Have Found Evidence a Strange Group of Quantum Particles Are Basically Immortal

Oct 2010
Colorado
Immortal, eternal particles, the "quantum realm," physics sounds more like magic all the time.

Scientists Have Found Evidence a Strange Group of Quantum Particles Are Basically Immortal
Nothing lasts forever. Humans, planets, stars, galaxies, maybe even the Universe itself, everything has an expiration date. But things in the quantum realm don't always follow the rules. Now, scientists have found that quasiparticles in quantum systems could be effectively immortal.​
That doesn't mean they don't decay, which is reassuring. But once these quasiparticles havedecayed, they are able to reorganise themselves back into existence, possibly ad infinitum.​
This seemingly flies right in the face of the second law of thermodynamics, which asserts that entropy in an isolated system can only move in an increasing direction: things can only break down, not build back up again.​
Of course, quantum physics can get weird with the rules; but even quantum scientists didn't know quasiparticles were weird in this particular manner.​
"Until now, the assumption was that quasiparticles in interacting quantum systems decay after a certain time," said physicist Frank Pollman of the Technical University of Munich.​
"We now know that the opposite is the case: strong interactions can even stop decay entirely."​
Quasiparticles aren't particles the way we typically think of them, like electrons and quarks. Rather, they're the disturbances or excitations in a solid caused by electrical or magnetic forces that, collectively, behave like particles.​
Phonons - the discrete units of vibrational energy that oscillate the atoms in a crystal lattice, for example - are often classified as quasiparticles, as are polarons, electrons trapped in a lattice surrounded by a cloud of polarisation.​

More magic: Scientists Have Found Evidence a Strange Group of Quantum Particles Are Basically Immortal

Jun 2019
Suomelinen
Thank you for "Alternative Physics" ...
Unfortunately, the fundamental Education, since the 80s, more and more falls into shit ...
:mad:

-------------
Scientists have not invented anything new, so they write such articles.
These articles do not oblige the Scholar to anything.

======
My Education, according to American Standards - Magister of Technology. I graduated from Moscow State University in 1993. Direction - Physics-Electronics ...
---------
Soviet Education was the best in the world. Don't argue with me ..
When we read these "articles", we just laughed:
"American and British scientists have nothing to do .."
:):):)

Oct 2010
Colorado
Thank you for "Alternative Physics" ...
Unfortunately, the fundamental Education, since the 80s, more and more falls into shit ...
:mad:
-------------
Scientists have not invented anything new, so they write such articles.
These articles do not oblige the Scholar to anything.

======
My Education, according to American Standards - Magister of Technology. I graduated from Moscow State University in 1993. Direction - Physics-Electronics ...
---------
Soviet Education was the best in the world. Don't argue with me ..
When we read these "articles", we just laughed:
"American and British scientists have nothing to do .."
:):):)
You display pure ignorance wrapped up in the typical "Soviet" braggadocio which Russians have used for centuries to cover up their genetic inferiority complex that everyone but them sees anyway.

Do you have any facts to present, or you just indulging yourself in some hit-and-run, wodka-inspired bullshit?