Scot Peterson, school resource officer criticized for his response during the Parkland shooting, faces felony charges

Mar 2019
Texas
Scot Peterson, school resource officer during Parkland shooting, faces ...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/us/parkland-scot-peterson-charges/index.html

40 mins ago - Former Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, criticized for how ... school resource officer during Parkland shooting faces 11 charges.

I do not know if they have a case.

Warren v. District of Columbia - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Warren v. District of Columbia is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services ... Once again, a police officer assured them that help was on the way. ... When the officer then failed to get the information, leaving Nichol unable to institute ...
Procedural history · ‎Background · ‎Warren, Taliaferro, and ... · ‎Nichol

Mar 2019
Texas
I read an article that said the officer at Parkland had already been arrested.
That is interesting.

If they convict him it will equate to a whole new way of policing in America. I doubt the system will let that happen.

They should be bound by law to have to try to help. imho

Reactions: Sabcat
May 2018
USA
That is interesting.

If they convict him it will equate to a whole new way of policing in America. I doubt the system will let that happen.

Armed guards and cops SHOULD try to intervene, but don't always. A cop can literally watch you being beaten to death in front of a police station, do nothing, and is impossible to sue (cops have tons of legal protections in case they don't do their jobs, or do them wrongly). It's kinda like our discussion earlier when I mentioned the armed guard fleeing confrontation (which is odd....that cops can't be persecuted but this security guard can). It's human nature (humans are naturally cowardly around things that can kill us), and nothing can change that. You either have it in you to fight, or don't.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Armed guards and cops SHOULD try to intervene, but don't always. A cop can literally watch you being beaten to death in front of a police station, do nothing, and is impossible to sue (cops have tons of legal protections in case they don't do their jobs, or do them wrongly). It's kinda like our discussion earlier when I mentioned the armed guard fleeing confrontation (which is odd....that cops can't be persecuted but this security guard can). It's human nature (humans are naturally cowardly around things that can kill us), and nothing can change that. You either have it in you to fight, or don't.
He should at least be fired, and required to legally change his name to Nancy Pussymann.

Nov 2017
In the United States, everyone is presumed innocent until they're found guilty in a court of law, by a jury of their peers.

I don't like the idea that a person should be charged with a crime for being a coward, just like I don't like religious "good Samaritan" laws that punish someone for not taking any action when they're just bystanders witnessing a crime. Why shouldn't we have a right to be cowards, if we want to be cowards?

The shooter is to blame for the deaths, not someone else; what's with this attempt to pass the blame to this one person? This guy wasn't hired to be a warrior, not to mention a one-man warrior. Throw the gun grabber politicians in prison, not this guy.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
That is interesting.

Check this out. Fascinating

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
In the United States, everyone is presumed innocent until they're found guilty in a court of law, by a jury of their peers.

I don't like the idea that a person should be charged with a crime for being a coward, just like I don't like religious "good Samaritan" laws that punish someone for not taking any action when they're just bystanders witnessing a crime. Why shouldn't we have a right to be cowards, if we want to be cowards?

The shooter is to blame for the deaths, not someone else; what's with this attempt to pass the blame to this one person? This guy wasn't hired to be a warrior, not to mention a one-man warrior. Throw the gun grabber politicians in prison, not this guy.

We really need to reevaluate as a society our policeing. It is insane. They are basically nothing more than highway pirates

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.

So, if a school full of children is on fire and the firemen stand outside watching beause they might get hurt if they try to put out the fire and/or rush inside to rescue the children you are OK with that?

Reactions: skews13