Seattle Isn’t Afraid of Immigrants, Mr. Trump

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I love this open letter to the fat orange turd from the mayor of Seattle, following said fat orange turd's attempts to ship immigrants from the border to small and mid-sized cities which he perceives as being political foes. She certainly speaks up for all compassionate and truly patriotic Americans!

Seattle Isn’t Afraid of Immigrants, Mr. Trump
3NT2KDCLIMI6TDH4FROQTGOCDY.jpg
By Jenny A. Durkan
April 12 at 7:05 PM

Jenny A. Durkan, a Democrat, is mayor of Seattle.

Here’s a message to President Trump: Seattle is not afraid of immigrants and refugees. In fact, we have always welcomed people who have faced tremendous hardships around the world. Immigrants and refugees are part of Seattle’s heritage, and they will continue to make us the city of the future.

What does scare us? A president and federal government that would seek to weaponize a law enforcement agency to punish perceived political enemies. A would-be despot who thinks the rule of law does not apply to him.

On Friday, Trump took to Twitter to confirm a Post report that the White House wants to place detained immigrants in so-called sanctuary cities represented by Democrats.

In doing so, he trotted out his favorite playbook: He is demonizing immigrants and refugees to incite fear and to distract the American public from his own failures. Despite his party having control of the whole federal government for two years, Trump has utterly failed to fix our immigration system, to provide real opportunity for middle America or to improve the lives of the Americans in the places that supported him.

It’s clear he hates the fact that the very cities he scorns are engines of innovation, opportunity and economic power. But we will not be deterred. The president’s threats won’t intimidate me as a mayor of a city with an open door, as a former federal prosecutor or as the granddaughter of a teenager who fled a war-torn, starving and impoverished country only to be welcomed in America.

<<<SNIP>>>

Read more:

Seattle Isn't Afraid of Immigrants, Mr. Trump

Article trimmed by DDT Staff in order to prevent possible copyright violations

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I live in a sanctuary city (New Haven, CT).
We vote on the status as residents and citizens.
The mayor does not make arbitrary decisions on such matters.

Dec 2018
New England
Can the good people of New Haven vote to decide whether their police will or will not assist federal law enforcement officials when their investigating civil rights cases?

Apr 2014
Heart of America
A remarkable statement from the mayor of a sanctuary city.
The mayor will probably get his wish in receiving thousands of illegals dumped in his streets. They have a major homeless problem in Seattle and that could double or triple overnight.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
If it were up to me, I'd take away all Federal funds from sanctuary cities due to national security reasons.

Mar 2019
Texas
The mayor will probably get his wish in receiving thousands of illegals dumped in his streets. They have a major homeless problem in Seattle and that could double or triple overnight.
Thousands? They are not afraid...so.....millions

I usually do not agree with potus.

I strongly agree with him on this issue and believe it is the right thing to do to put the incoming immigrants in places that want them and allow the places that do not want them to be free from pressure to force them upon their areas.

That is the beauty of the original idea of the usa. States free to decide for themselves on issues like this.

Tag them let let the responsibility rest on the shoulders of states who accept them. Do not spend federal funds on them either.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Thousands? They are not afraid...so.....millions

I usually do not agree with potus.

I strongly agree with him on this issue and believe it is the right thing to do to put the incoming immigrants in places that want them and allow the places that do not want them to be free from pressure to force them upon their areas.

That is the beauty of the original idea of the usa. States free to decide for themselves on issues like this.

Tag them let let the responsibility rest on the shoulders of states who accept them. Do not spend federal funds on them either.

Yes but those who don't want them should not be forced to subsidize those who do.