Seattle Isn’t Afraid of Immigrants, Mr. Trump

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Correction, Bob. "THEY" (those seeking asylum) do not come for jobs. They do not come for a BETTER life. They come to the U.S. and ask for asylum so they can actually HAVE A LIFE--so their children can HAVE A LIFE. They walk to the border from places like Honduras. They walk for three months. They leave their country because their lives and the lives of their children have been threatened.
I think you were the one who posted how liberals don't use logic--they resort to emotion?? Really? If your child was threatened---if your child was in danger of being raped or kidnapped or killed---and you wanted that child to LIVE??
Call me crazy, but isn't it logical to MOVE YOUR ASS out of your current situation? To gamble on getting your child to the U.S. border and asking for asylum??
How far would you GO or WALK---what steps (if any) would you take to safeguard your children?
Thank you, Clara, for epitomizing the LW point of view...especially my point about emotionalism. Not saying there's anything wrong with emotionalism, just saying it's not the best way to lead a nation. It's a good way to give a nation heart, but not a good way to lead it.

Mar 2019
Texas
Correction, Bob. "THEY" (those seeking asylum) do not come for jobs. They do not come for a BETTER life. They come to the U.S. and ask for asylum so they can actually HAVE A LIFE--so their children can HAVE A LIFE. They walk to the border from places like Honduras. They walk for three months. They leave their country because their lives and the lives of their children have been threatened.
I think you were the one who posted how liberals don't use logic--they resort to emotion?? Really? If your child was threatened---if your child was in danger of being raped or kidnapped or killed---and you wanted that child to LIVE??
Call me crazy, but isn't it logical to MOVE YOUR ASS out of your current situation? To gamble on getting your child to the U.S. border and asking for asylum??
How far would you GO or WALK---what steps (if any) would you take to safeguard your children?
Actually there are many wide spread reports of the men just coming for work. They borrow a kid or drag along one of theirs so they can go right to work. It is a mix of whole families looking for a new life,people looking to stay alive due to danger and many economic migrants.

Much of this issue could be solved by issuing more visa's for those who are looking for work for a while then return. That would relieve those being in the asylum line.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Actually there are many wide spread reports of the men just coming for work. They borrow a kid or drag along one of theirs so they can go right to work. It is a mix of whole families looking for a new life,people looking to stay alive due to danger and many economic migrants.

Much of this issue could be solved by issuing more visa's for those who are looking for work for a while then return. That would relieve those being in the asylum line.

The shelters here in AZ tell an entirely different story, Dick. Churches all over the valley have opened their doors and basements to hundreds of asylum seekers. Those who work with these folks tell us that 1/3 to 1/2 of the space is occupied by children. We've heard countless stories of women whose children have been threatened. Gangs have taken over their villages and the gang members want the young men and boys as trainees. If the parents refuse, the boy(s) are taken to the town square and murdered as a message to those who refuse.
I think we both know what happens to little girls.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
The shelters here in AZ tell an entirely different story, Dick. Churches all over the valley have opened their doors and basements to hundreds of asylum seekers. Those who work with these folks tell us that 1/3 to 1/2 of the space is occupied by children. We've heard countless stories of women whose children have been threatened. Gangs have taken over their villages and the gang members want the young men and boys as trainees. If the parents refuse, the boy(s) are taken to the town square and murdered as a message to those who refuse.
Wait... i thought this wasn't a problem with illegals

Gangs have taken over their villages and the gang members want the young men and boys as trainees. If the parents refuse, the boy(s) are taken to the town square and murdered as a message to those who refuse.
I think we both know what happens to little girls

Man, murders in AZ town square... super harsh man!!!!

Wonder why the propaganda machi..legacy media isn't reporting on this. No wonder they want to keep these people out of their sanctuary cities

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Wait... i thought this wasn't a problem with illegals

Gangs have taken over their villages and the gang members want the young men and boys as trainees. If the parents refuse, the boy(s) are taken to the town square and murdered as a message to those who refuse.
I think we both know what happens to little girls

Man, murders in AZ town square... super harsh man!!!!

Wonder why the propaganda machi..legacy media isn't reporting on this. No wonder they want to keep these people out of their sanctuary cities
She was talking about foreign villages where the asylum seekers came originated, not in AZ.

FWIW, sounds like a job for the Magnificent Seven.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
The example of villages being attacked by gangs?
Yes,

This

We've heard countless stories of women whose children have been threatened. Gangs have taken over their villages and the gang members want the young men and boys as trainees. If the parents refuse, the boy(s) are taken to the town square and murdered as a message to those who refuse.

From my understanding the gang activity is mostly in boarder towns where the trafficking into the states is prevalent.

I know a good number of people from Mexico and central America and the very rarely speak of the gangs or cartels.

What would they have to gain from terrorizing towns?