Second US City Passes Ban on Facial Recognition Tech

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
It's the future. It's what we have long used on Europa.

It's like everything else, it has it's benefits and it's concerns.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
This is for the local govt only, has no effect on State or Fed.
Overall it's a magnet for terrorists like Antifa, telling them they can now riot without having to wear those hot sticky masks etc while burning the City Hall down.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
It's the future. It's what we have long used on Europa.

It's like everything else, it has it's benefits and it's concerns.
It depends on usage, like gun registration laws and laws designed to prevent illegal voting. I'm not trying to deflect, just using analogies. I have no issues with using facial recognition, FB's been using it for a while now.

May 2019
USA
I am fine with their decision but my understanding is that it is still a glitchy system that doesn't quite work the way people believe. If you are looking for some specific faces, it does a good job. If you expect it to be able to recognize every face in a crowd, it can't handle the task, at least not in real time.

Jun 2019
ROT
Somerville, Massachusetts is joining San Francisco, which last month also outlawed facial recognition systems for local government use. Somerville is concerned the technology will chill free speech and invade citizens' privacy.

Good for them. This stuff is terrifying.
Terrifying? Do you carry a cell phone or by chance drive a car? If you do then they already know where you...

Jul 2018
Earth
Somerville, Massachusetts is joining San Francisco, which last month also outlawed facial recognition systems for local government use. Somerville is concerned the technology will chill free speech and invade citizens' privacy.

Good for them. This stuff is terrifying.
You can be identified by your heartbeat much more accurately than you can be by your face.