Security guard shoots gunman

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Another case of a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun. The guard and the assailant are both dead. The assailant was killed by the security guard when he opened fire on the congregation. Apparently only one other person was hit.
WHITE SETTLEMENT, Texas (AP) — Congregants shot and killed a man who opened fire in a church near Fort Worth, Texas, on Sunday, killing the attacker, police said.

A person shot by the suspect also died and a second parishioner has life-threatening injuries following the attack at the West Freeway Church of Christ, White Settlement Police Department Chief J.P. Bevering said during a news conference Sunday afternoon.

The assailant fired once before the “heroic actions” of the congregants retaliated to cut his assault short, Bevering said.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Another case of a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun. The guard and the assailant are both dead. The assailant was killed by the security guard when he opened fire on the congregation. Apparently only one other person was hit.
WHITE SETTLEMENT, Texas (AP) — Congregants shot and killed a man who opened fire in a church near Fort Worth, Texas, on Sunday, killing the attacker, police said.

A person shot by the suspect also died and a second parishioner has life-threatening injuries following the attack at the West Freeway Church of Christ, White Settlement Police Department Chief J.P. Bevering said during a news conference Sunday afternoon.

The assailant fired once before the “heroic actions” of the congregants retaliated to cut his assault short, Bevering said.
And if a few parishioners died, it was totally worth it, whats a few parishioners, or a few dozen schoolkids, or a couple of hundred other victims, compared to the right of crazy morons to purchase firearms.......

Nov 2012
Michigan
Every shooting is stopped by a good guy with a gun. We need more good guys with guns.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Every shooting is stopped by a good guy with a gun. We need more good guys with guns.
This is true. A knife attack in NY is another thing.
I have no personal experience with this but I'm hearing from my friends who are regularly attend church that their security has been raised significantly over the last 10 years due to these attacks. Some have professional plainclothes security and extensive video coverage. The church in White Settlement was live streaming the service at the time of the attack.

Jul 2019
Georgia
two churchgoers were killed, I believe

I'm glad there was a GGWG to stop more from being killed, but two innocent lives were still lost.