Seize & nationalize healthcare?

Nov 2017
It's rather interesting that the folks on the Left oppose nationalism, yet favor the seizing & nationalization of our healthcare system; I also find it interesting that they claim to be liberal, BTW.

I consider myself a nationalist and a liberal, and as a liberal I don't support seizing and nationalizing the healthcare system.

Seizing and nationalizing our healthcare system is the opposite of liberal, and how can anyone who opposes nationalism be in favor of seizing & nationalizing anything? It's silly. LOL

Reactions: Sabcat
Nov 2012
Rhondda
It's rather interesting that the folks on the Left oppose nationalism, yet favor the seizing & nationalization of our healthcare system; I also find it interesting that they claim to be liberal, BTW.

I consider myself a nationalist and a liberal, and as a liberal I don't support seizing and nationalizing the healthcare system.

Seizing and nationalizing our healthcare system is the opposite of liberal, and how can anyone who opposes nationalism be in favor of seizing & nationalizing anything? It's silly. LOL
Nobody but a drunken clown or a multibillionaire leaves healthcare to thieving medics. Life is a human right.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.

Seizing the healthcare system? LOL

Which wingnut source did you get this idiocentric verbiage from? LOL

This is the first time I have heard this expression used, I am sure every wingnut will be using it now.

As to you being a nationalist, that want is isolating. Strength come with numbers. Coalitions, partners.
I respect your want but realize and keep in mind the old slaying, "be careful what you wish for."
I do not think you want a weaker USA and that is a part of nationalism.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
The Left opposes nationalism?? Where do you come up with these hair-brained notions? There's nothing inherently evil about nationalism. In fact, if it's used as a driving force to bring people together, working toward a common goal, it can be beneficial---as long as that GOAL is worthy--human rights, social justice, economic achievement, environmental results.

Things get murky when nationalism becomes a useful tool for the political elite to divide we the people into classes, emphasizing our differences--our cultures and our religions. That is not reform. It's not worthy. It's destructive.
It's Donald J Trump.

People misunderstand nationalism. It doesn't require us to hate other nations. It doesn't require us to isolate ourselves as if that were possible for America. We depend HEAVILY on other nations who are our allies---for all sorts of situations.
Civic nationalism is a good thing. lt's good to love our own, support our own, and do what we can to further our best interests.
Nationalism shouldn't be tied to any one ethnic group, language, or anything else—only to a nation-state.
It is patriotic as long as it's used for good. Working toward universal healthcare is a good thing--for every American.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
Plaid Cymru works to preserve our national culture and get more power back from and essentially English UK Parliament. That was always called 'nationalism' and sort-of associated with Hitler, so we don't use the word now. Neil seems to be even more muddled than the English bully-boys. Keeping our people alive seems pretty basic to preserving their culture, surely, and I can't think it is much different for Americans?

Feb 2018
Oregon
Seize & nationalize healthcare?

Yeah how about seizing it and privatizing it like THIS?

May 2019
USA
Another been there, done that speaking for those cross conditioned way beyond therapy Islamidiotocracy Christiananality pedophilia cognitive dissonance of Islam Arab oil being their savior as Jesus, which in all probability as reason for the destruction of food & water sources is being funded by taking from taking from others in being educated to be healed !

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains

You must be a very confused liberal. The entire process of federal regulation of ANY aspect of the economy, infrastructure, or community services involves some sort of "seizure" or loss by the private sector. Any regulation results in winners and losers and the losers can claim that something was seized by way of loss of market, increased costs, or prohibited activities.. For example, the federal funding of interstate highways deprives some toll roads from benefit. I suppose that your opposition to federal involvement in the American way of life should include cessation of Medicare, Social Security, the military, the Food and Drug Administration, and endless numbers of other regulated aspects of life. No one is talking about uncompensated taking (prohibited by the 5th Amendment anyway) but confused conservatives love to make that sort of assertion because they understand hyperbole better than reality.

Feb 2014
Oregon
I am good without nationalized medical care, just make it against the law for anyone to have health insurance, so everyone has to pay out of pocket for medical care. I am sure that would bring the cost of medical care down.

Reactions: se7en
Feb 2014
Oregon

You must be a very confused liberal. The entire process of federal regulation of ANY aspect of the economy, infrastructure, or community services involves some sort of "seizure" or loss by the private sector. Any regulation results in winners and losers and the losers can claim that something was seized by way of loss of market, increased costs, or prohibited activities.. For example, the federal funding of interstate highways deprives some toll roads from benefit. I suppose that your opposition to federal involvement in the American way of life should include cessation of Medicare, Social Security, the military, the Food and Drug Administration, and endless numbers of other regulated aspects of life. No one is talking about uncompensated taking (prohibited by the 5th Amendment anyway) but confused conservatives love to make that sort of assertion because they understand hyperbole better than reality.
I am not sure a loss of something by the private sector is worse than loosing a loved one because medical expenses are not affordable or a child growing up handicapped because the parents can not afford a correction of the problem. At my age the concern is going deaf and not being able to afford hearing aids, or not having dental care, or not being able to afford medication. What kind of civilization ignores those realities?