Senate Intel Releases Vol 2 of 2016 Russia Election Interference Report

Jul 2019
Georgia
this mostly covers Russia's use of Social Media for their information warfare campaign

"The Committee found, that the IRA sought to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election by harming Hillary Clinton's chances of success and supporting Donald Trump at the direction of the Kremlin."

"the Committee found that IRA social media activity was overtly and almost invariably supportive of then-candidate Trump"

this was also extensively covered in the Mueller Report

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
this mostly covers Russia's use of Social Media for their information warfare campaign

"The Committee found, that the IRA sought to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election by harming Hillary Clinton's chances of success and supporting Donald Trump at the direction of the Kremlin."

"the Committee found that IRA social media activity was overtly and almost invariably supportive of then-candidate Trump"

this was also extensively covered in the Mueller Report
I've read through some of the report and have a 30,000 ft thought.

The stronger your political opinion (on either side) and the stronger your desire to be right, the more susceptible you are to this kind of stuff. A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I've read through some of the report and have a 30,000 ft thought.

The stronger your political opinion (on either side) and the stronger your desire to be right, the more susceptible you are to this kind of stuff. A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing.
agree.

I've noticed a lot of my very liberal "friends" on twitter participate in the "Follow Back Resister" parties, where they follow everyone who claims to be a resister, and they follow them back. I've warned them that there's probably a load of Russian trolls all up in those FBR parties, but they seem to think the Russians are only trying to sway trump voters.

~~~

this report states that ramping up division among races was a major active measure. I have a good friend who is a huge BLM supporter and sometimes I see him repeating something that is being amplified by Russians. I try to tell him, but a lot of people's pride gets too hurt if they think they're a victim of foreign influence campaigns.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
agree.

I've noticed a lot of my very liberal "friends" on twitter participate in the "Follow Back Resister" parties, where they follow everyone who claims to be a resister, and they follow them back. I've warned them that there's probably a load of Russian trolls all up in those FBR parties, but they seem to think the Russians are only trying to sway trump voters.

~~~

this report states that ramping up division among races was a major active measure. I have a good friend who is a huge BLM supporter and sometimes I see him repeating something that is being amplified by Russians. I try to tell him, but a lot of people's pride gets too hurt if they think they're a victim of foreign influence campaigns.
I try not to take any story seriously until I see it reported either A. Multiple, reliable, verified accounts or B. Being REPORTED from Multiple sources. If I see a story from JUST the WSJ or JUST the NYT, I try to say "It's being reported that XYZ" and not say "XYZ".

Reactions: se7en

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I have seen this "conclusion" being reported by Axios, NYT and Mother Jones. Others too but I don't remember their affiliations.