Senate permits national debt to grow to $9 trillion

Apr 2005
Poplar, MT
Is that the best you got, name calling. You can't beat the argument so you resort to the childish game of name calling. Why don't you just admit it, you tried to pull a fast one and you were caught.

dmk

Mar 2007
" ...this war is just costing us way too much..." RHS
Koppel

Q: "I want to be sure that I understood you correctly. You're saying that the, the top cost for the U.S. tax payer will be $1.7 $Billion $Dollars, no more than that."

Natsios

A: "For the reconstruction; and then there's $700 $Million in the supplemental budget for humanitarian relief which we don't competitively bid 'cause it's charity [unintelligible]"

Koppel

Q: "Understand. But as far as reconstruction goes the American tax payer will not be hit for more than $1.7 $Billion dollars

Natsios

A: "That is correct."

Koppel

Q: no matter how long the process takes."

Natsios

A: "That is the plan, and that is our intention, ..."

Administrator Andrew Natsios, U.S. Agency for International Development, replying in an interview with ABC-TV Ted Koppel on NightLine.

Over 3,100 U.S. dead. ~$Half $Trillion in the hole. The region less stable now than it was before the invasion began.

Bush = buffoon!

tadpole256

Former Staff
May 2005
Planet Earth (Mostly)
The fact is that we MUST learn to hold our elected officials accountable. I mean really what does it take to get impeached?

The sad fact is I don't think the average American gives anything political a lot of thought, and that is exactly what this administration counts on (and thrives on)...

Mar 2007
" I mean really what does it take to get impeached? " tad
Bill Clinton liked Monica Lewinsky's dress from the moment he spotted it.

Playing doctor in the Oval Office is impeachable; killing perhaps a million humans; not so much.

Feb 2007
USA
sear said:
Playing doctor in the Oval Office is impeachable; killing perhaps a million humans; not so much.

Nor, I guess, is the "foggy memory" of actual illegal sales of weapons to enemy foreign governments an impeachable offense.

Go figure...

Feb 2007
baloney_detector said:
Nor, I guess, is the "foggy memory" of actual illegal sales of weapons to enemy foreign governments an impeachable offense.

Go figure...

Ehh just fire the prosecuters that would bring charges and replace them with puppets.

tadpole256

Former Staff
May 2005
Planet Earth (Mostly)
sear said:
Bill Clinton liked Monica Lewinsky's dress from the moment he spotted it.

I know... Everyone was outraged over a simple blowjob. But wasting trillions of dollars and getting thousands of your citizens killed... That's no big deal. It really makes me mad.

Sep 2005
tadpole256 said:
I know... Everyone was outraged over a simple blowjob. But wasting trillions of dollars and getting thousands of your citizens killed... That's no big deal. It really makes me mad.

This is also a very good summary of my opinion.