Senate votes to keep Russian sanction resolution alive

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Thank god

Senate Republicans rebuke McConnell, Trump on Russia sanctions resolution

The administration tried to lift sanctions on Russian companies owned by the very Russian oligarch who Paul Manafort promised private briefings to, and they did so just before the holidays when there was little attention towards Washington.

The senate will now debate the resolution and vote if the sanctions should be lifted or not.

Here’s a clue. They shouldn’t be lifted

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
It should also be pointed out these sanctions were originally put in place because of the Russian interference in the 2016 election. So unless Russia has done something different, there’s no reason these sanctions should be lifted.

Reactions: leekohler2
Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
It should also be pointed out these sanctions were originally put in place because of the Russian interference in the 2016 election. So unless Russia has done something different, there’s no reason these sanctions should be lifted.
I thought the sanctions were because of Russia's actions against the Ukraine....but I agree, there is no good reason to lift them...

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I thought the sanctions were because of Russia's actions against the Ukraine....but I agree, there is no good reason to lift them...
Different sanctions. By my knowledge those sanctions have not been addressed under the current administration

Jun 2018
South Dakota
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/politics/senate-democrats-sanctions-russia/index.html

Fucking garbage. Someone justify this. Someone explain to me what Russia has done to have sanctions lifted by this cowardice administration and these cowardice Senate republicans.
I guess it didn't go the way you wanted huh? IDK either but Trump and the Reps are running the issues so we either go along with them or simply vote them out next time. Short attention spans powered by instant gratification don't work here.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Question - Axios reports that 11 Republican senators went against the party line and voted for the motion to not allow the sanctions to be lifted, but the motion still failed to pass.

Did some Dems vote against it?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Question - Axios reports that 11 Republican senators went against the party line and voted for the motion to not allow the sanctions to be lifted, but the motion still failed to pass.

Did some Dems vote against it?
This is a particular type of legislation. The Trump Admin is looking to lift sanctions. This legislation would essentially put a stop to this act by the administration. Unfortunately this type of legislation requires a 60 vote and not a simple majority.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
This is the kind of shit that makes me wonder what do the Russians have on Republicans? I have zero evidence they do, but the Russians hacked both the DNC and RNC, but only released info from the DNC. So when a party has FOR DECADES viewed Russia as a staunch enemy of the United States, someone explain to me why all of a sudden they're treating them with kid gloves.

These sanctions were put into place as a response to Russia interfering in the 2016 election. What have they done since then to warrant said sanctions being lifted? It is absolute bull shit.

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
PS. You now all know what get's me triggered.

You can point to anything in this administration and say it's proof of corruption and I could probably play devil's advocate. But this cannot be justified. This is the definition of corruption in plain site.