She did, she does

Feb 2007
New York
If it was handed down, Warren would have given the correct information on the grandmother's death certificate who handed it down to her regarding being part American Indian.

The Warren defenders are no different than those who defend the stupid lies and words that come out of Trump's mouth. Neither are defendable and they are battles that do not warrant being defended.
That is not correct. When my mother died, I was not asked about her ethnicity for the death certificate. I've never seen anyone asked about race for the death certificate (even my grandfather who's race was not obvious).

Dec 2017
USA
Interesting. The RW has ONE ALLEGED lie, going back decades, on the part of Warren to obsess over.
The Liberals/Democrats have literally hundreds of lies, told on an almost daily basis WHILE sitting in the White House as President.
But yet you somehow conclude there is "no difference?"

So, you people do not understand the nature of QUANTITY as well as degress either?
@Hollywood

The entire idea that people are naturally "good", rather than a strong split down the middle between "good & evil", with all the tension, struggles, push & pull, etc. that come along with that--is the ultimate lie.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
She claimed she was Cherokee. That is not some random native background. That is very, very specific.
So fucking what? She was told by her elders that she had NA blood and they thought it was Cherokee.
What? At maybe 10 or 11 years old she was to turn to granma and say "prove it or you're a lying sack of shit old woman?"
Fucking DNA tests can't tell the difference between a Cherokee or a Choctaw.
You kids and your hysterics!

Apr 2013
Left coast
That is not correct. When my mother died, I was not asked about her ethnicity for the death certificate. I've never seen anyone asked about race for the death certificate (even my grandfather who's race was not obvious).
Maybe it's a Texas thing. They do all kinds of things funny. See Cruz.

Nov 2012
Kekistan
What really amuses me about you Jimmyb is how you demonstrate comprehension of what others say, but you lack the intellectual integrity to admit the reality of the situation. You try to carefully craft your statements down to truithisms and you spout them out ignoring the fact that they are often meaningless.

Like in this case. On page #11, you were saying:
There is no evidence that Warren is Native American.
But we both know that was a bad lie, as the DNA test DID PROVIDE EVIDENCE of a Native American ancestry.

On page #12, you try to subtly shift the goalposts by changing "no evidence" to "verify":
The DNA test did not verify Warren having American Indian ancestry.
And this shift is important to you because it shifts the boundaries from the existence of evidence into the realm of whether or not you believe that evidence is conclusive...

But the problem is, THAT IS IRRELEVANT.
The only reason she took this test was because of Trump's promise to donate $1 million if she did and it had American Indian included.
THAT IS IT.
Warren published the results to get that $1 million dollar donation.
Trump said he would give $1M to charity if Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test. She wants him to pay up
Trump turned around and lied about whether he actually made such a promise, when the truth is he did.
Trump is obviously trying to weasel out of acknowledging she did exactly what he asked her to do. And the Trumpettes are providing meaningless cover fire...
Review the context.
The fact that she said she had Cherokee ancestry was well acknowledged.
The point is whether or not she claimed to BE Cherokee. And the distinction between claiming to BE something as opposed to having some ancestor who was that thing are two entirely different things in the conversation I was having with Jimmyb.

That's why they're making so much noise right now.
NOT ONE of them has even tried to address the context of this situation.
a) Trump opened his mouth and made some statements.
b) Amongst those statements he promised $1 million dollars if a DNA test revealed Native American ancestry.
c) Warren did exactly that and it did reveal Native American ancestry.
d) SHE NEVER took the test as proof of anything other than to satisfy b)
e) NOW TRUMP LIES

And to cover up e), Repubs are lying their arses off as well to obfuscate the above.
b) Amongst those statements he promised $1 million dollars if a DNA test revealed Native American ancestry.
The above statement is incorrect. Not only is it incorrect, that statement alone is the rock on which you make the Trump lied claim. Trump did not say the above quote.

The only reason she took this test was because of Trump's promise to donate $1 million if she did and it had American Indian included.
THAT IS IT.

Again, another lie. That is not what Trump said.

"I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian," Trump said. "I have a feeling she will say no but hold it for the debates."
https://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/elizabeth-warren-native-american-pocahontas/index.html

That is a big difference. He clearly said, it shows you are an Indian. That test did not, nor could not demonstrate that. Furthermore, you and the rest of the left had to completely ignore that and come up with statements such as "Native American heritage" in an attempt to claim a victory you simply do not have. He specifically said if it shows you are an Indian. In no shape manner or form did that blood test demonstrate she was Native American in other words, she can not claim to be an Indian from that blood test.