Should Imprisoned Felons Be Allowed to Vote?

Mar 2018
Grayson
I agree you should pay your debt to society. I was discussing what will follow you after you've paid such a debt. You will always have a criminal record to live with. In essence, it is a lifelong sentence. Crimes against children, murder, and rape were the ones I was referring to as deserving a lifelong stigma.
But, you still have the problem that if the stigma follows that person around and they can't get a job, they are forced to become generational welfarites... and their children learn how to live off the government because that is all they will know. So, after release you want to keep those people dependent on the government? Do you want them to become homeless until they die? What do you think happens to a guy with a criminal record after they've paid their debt to society? AND, if they paid their debt to society, they should come back as equals. Otherwise you think the debt is not paid. AND, if that is the case, they don't pay their debt to society and they become dependent on the government. That being the case, their debt is never paid AND we're being charged for their daily upkeep the rest of their lives. Keep them in prison, free them, or kill them. What you're doing now don't work.

Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
But, you still have the problem that if the stigma follows that person around and they can't get a job, they are forced to become generational welfarites... and their children learn how to live off the government because that is all they will know. So, after release you want to keep those people dependent on the government? Do you want them to become homeless until they die? What do you think happens to a guy with a criminal record after they've paid their debt to society? AND, if they paid their debt to society, they should come back as equals. Otherwise you think the debt is not paid. AND, if that is the case, they don't pay their debt to society and they become dependent on the government. That being the case, their debt is never paid AND we're being charged for their daily upkeep the rest of their lives. Keep them in prison, free them, or kill them. What you're doing now don't work.
I am in basic agreement with you. However, some crimes are just so hideous that perhaps killing them would be better for everybody.