Should Muslims have to let their children be taught LGBTQ lessons in school?

Nov 2005
California
Again, you endlessly pontificate on how my position is non-existent as you ignore arguments.

Taking a different tactic to expose how incapable you are at discussing things honestly and openly.
In post #81 I responded to you saying: And, if people don't like what you do or believe, you are just as much a bigot for not allowing them to believe it as they are for believing it.
I asked you a simple question.
HOW are they being prevented from believing what they want???

Please answer that question as it demonstrates how you are just tossing out bad talking points that have no intelligible basis.
And if I'm not capable of a discussion that meets your criteria, why are you screwing with me?
Same question could be asked back at you... :rolleyes:
The whole commentary on "Approach people as if they are your equal." => Same to you.1

I am simply proving my point (unlike you who are consistently trying to devolve topical conversations into meaningless opinion summaries of the discussion devoid of substantiation).
You rely on meaningless talking points which you cannot substantiate.
And you just proved that you are not willing to engage on the actual topic.

Repeating:
In post #81 I responded to you saying: And, if people don't like what you do or believe, you are just as much a bigot for not allowing them to believe it as they are for believing it.
I asked you a simple question.
HOW are they being prevented from believing what they want???

Please answer that question as it demonstrates how you are just tossing out bad talking points that have no intelligible basis.

Nov 2005
California
LTP => Another serious challenge.
Are you willing to engage solely on the actual topic. Mutually "equal" discussion with equal rules...

You respond to post #151 as you see fit. You can have the last word.
Then we talk solely about the topic and not about each other. Each of us treating each other equally by answering challenges and questions the other has.

Are you willing to do that?

Mar 2018
Grayson
LTP => Another serious challenge.
Are you willing to engage solely on the actual topic. Mutually "equal" discussion with equal rules...

You respond to post #151 as you see fit. You can have the last word.
Then we talk solely about the topic and not about each other. Each of us treating each other equally by answering challenges and questions the other has.

Are you willing to do that?
You make baseless allegations that you cannot sustain. That's okay. I feel that the LGBTQ community wants the equivalent of a court of public opinion - tribunal wherein they get to ask all the questions and if they think they can win via emotional responses, they will utilize them - even to the point of misrepresenting any opinion they don't like.

The fact of the matter is simple: America was founded as a constitutional Republic on the twin pillars of race and religion. When the Republicans illegally ratified the 14th Amendment, it gave us this false promise of racial and social equality. What it actually did was to set the wheels in motion for a series of events that pits all people against one another.

The LGBTQ community, like any other definable group in America, has never tried to wrestle with the concept of rights. You have unalienable Rights, "inalienable rights," civil rights and generic "rights" (those generic rights being privileges doled out by the government.) Some Rights trump other rights (no presidential pun intended.)

The last time I entered this discussion, I left the LGBTQ community with some rather hard questions to answer. Contrary to what you allege on this thread, those with a mediocre reading skill set can see where the conversation took a sharp turn south. Here is where we were when nobody from the LGBTQ community could come up with the right answers:

"So, the parents are "homophobic assholes." What part did you play in creating their children? By what authority do you presume to dictate that family's values? If a school can teach the joys homosexuality, how come we can't teach children what a traditional family looks like? How could they learn what a real choice is when you'd like to ban those so- called "hompphobic assholes?"

You wanted to argue over semantics with the word "some." We both know the real score. If a parent objects to a LGBTQ type teaching their children, they would be considered a "homophobic asshole." In reality that is an underhanded slap to anyone who does not accept the LGBTQ lifestyle. Returning to my previous point, you began treating me like I was a suspect in a major crime and the interrogatories began to fly. Don't try to pee down my neck and tell me it's raining. Everybody here knows that had I taken the time to defend my position (which I should not have to do as two or three questions would have prevented this), the posters would see a long defense against unsubstantiated and ridiculous allegations as a waste of time. So, the would say TLDR. Maybe YOUR ego gets stroked, but my questions go unanswered. My questions were not disguised personal attacks, but designed specifically to elicit what your world view is. Without knowing that, there are no true communications.

To pick up where we left off when you started that "quit playing the victim card" bullshit, I bowed out of the conversation. My acknowledgment that the LGBTQ community does not have an automatic right to force their views on others has not has not made me a victim. I'm well aware of the differences in the Rights of man and when government has no lawful / constitutional / moral authority, I ignore them regardless of what statute they pass or what nine robed people wearing black dresses and pretending to be God think.

Jun 2013
USA TN
Kbear doesn't care about any kid who has same sex parents or how they might be treated. That much is clear. Only kids with opposite sex parents should be able to participate Clara. I'm sure that would be kbear's answer.
not true, since when did you become a mind reader???

May 2018
Chicago
not true, since when did you become a mind reader???
Then Sally should be able to talk about her same sex parents, just like the other kids if those kids are talking about their families, right? And if the other kids harass her, the teacher should be able to step in. Yes or no?