Should Rudy Giuliani be tried for treason?

Apr 2014
redacted
Come on man, you know what I meant. Don't became one of "those."

There are many cultural differences right from how they dress to what they do with their leisure activity.
Oh yes, I knew exactly what you meant when you said "The people in western NY have nothing in common with the Hudson Valley, NYC or Long Island ". If you misspoke, please clarify. It's not a crime even though some people think it is. I've often made posts that needed more amplification by being too brief or narrow. Not a big deal.

FWIW, cultural differences are learned and can be unlearned. Not something we should be going to war over.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
And this is by unintended design. We have 50 set of laws in one country! How the hell could different cultures not rise?
It was different cultures that insisted on those states rights in the first place. They aren't just now popping up like little gremlins.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Agreed more Americans need to get around. Also they need to go outside the country for extended periods, not just a trip to Cozumel or Mazatlan.

I've traveled extensively, literally, all my life. Agreed we all live in the same country, but people all over the world are 99.5% genetically alike. Our differences are primarily cultural and most of those cultures, while different, are fine. There are differences of varying levels of development. The US and First World nations are a hundred years ahead of many Third World nations, but that doesn't mean those Third World nations are less-than-human or unworthy.

I've often thought we could solve a very great deal of our own problems if we instituted a government run program where EVERY PERSON between the ages of 18 and 21 WILL spend a full 90 days OUTSIDE the U.S. No exceptions !!! Other than severe medical conditions. They'd already be collecting disability. I'm not talking about bouncing around Europe or a few weekends at some resort. No, they WILL spend those 90 days in a third world country. They will be sleeping in dirt floored grass huts, or open sided metal barracks, helping to dig wells and teach people how to grow food. They WILL spend their time among the poorest and most destitute people on the planet.

The poorest kids will come ton understand that by comparison, having a roof over their heads, floors under their feet, power, running water, not to mention cable TV, cell phones and access to or even ownership of a car makes them wealthy beyond the imaginations of almost half if not two thirds of the world. The middle class and upper class kids will understand that YES Virginia there is a big bad wolf out there and it's name is poverty. And YES people can be and routinely are trapped by that poverty. Sometimes for generations. the poor will realize they don't have it as bad as they think, and the more affluent will understand that, even in this country, we absolute need programs to help lift the poor up economically and they must be funded by their tax dollars.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Rudy is proposing to collude with the Ukrainians in order to interfere in the 2020. Is this treason? Or is he just a bad lawyer?

Rudy Giuliani Plans Ukraine Trip to Push for Inquiries That Could Help Trump
Mr. Giuliani’s plans create the remarkable scene of a lawyer for the president of the United States pressing a foreign government to pursue investigations that Mr. Trump’s allies hope could help him in his re-election campaign.

No, Hillary should. Ohr Should, McCabe Should, Comey Should.... .... They are the only ones that conspired with Russians.

Apr 2014
redacted
I've often thought we could solve a very great deal of our own problems if we instituted a government run program where EVERY PERSON between the ages of 18 and 21 WILL spend a full 90 days OUTSIDE the U.S. No exceptions !!! Other than severe medical conditions. They'd already be collecting disability. I'm not talking about bouncing around Europe or a few weekends at some resort. No, they WILL spend those 90 days in a third world country. They will be sleeping in dirt floored grass huts, or open sided metal barracks, helping to dig wells and teach people how to grow food. They WILL spend their time among the poorest and most destitute people on the planet.

The poorest kids will come ton understand that by comparison, having a roof over their heads, floors under their feet, power, running water, not to mention cable TV, cell phones and access to or even ownership of a car makes them wealthy beyond the imaginations of almost half if not two thirds of the world. The middle class and upper class kids will understand that YES Virginia there is a big bad wolf out there and it's name is poverty. And YES people can be and routinely are trapped by that poverty. Sometimes for generations. the poor will realize they don't have it as bad as they think, and the more affluent will understand that, even in this country, we absolute need programs to help lift the poor up economically and they must be funded by their tax dollars.
Two to four years would be better. It could be served in the military, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps or some other group and be rewarded with two years of college afterwards.

Dec 2015
Arizona

Our youngest son was in the Peace Corp for over 2 years, stationed in Honduras---then went to the Dominican Republic for a couple of extra weeks. He was building aqueducts/water systems for villages who had no running water. He came home with a different attitude about life and people. Village mothers approached him countless times pleading with him to take their children to America or marry their daughters. Mr. Clara and I spearheaded a clothing/shoe drive---then a toy drive at our church to send things to the children there. While our son was there we went to visit. It was quite the experience.
So I agree with you. Hardship changes a person.

Feb 2019
here and there
Rudy is proposing to collude with the Ukrainians in order to interfere in the 2020. Is this treason? Or is he just a bad lawyer?

Rudy Giuliani Plans Ukraine Trip to Push for Inquiries That Could Help Trump
Mr. Giuliani’s plans create the remarkable scene of a lawyer for the president of the United States pressing a foreign government to pursue investigations that Mr. Trump’s allies hope could help him in his re-election campaign.
Sure, try him for treason.

While your at it, impeach Trump and send Barr to jail.

For the love of God, back up what you accuse others of for a change.

We are sick to death of your endless whining and dining.