Should Sarah Sanders resign for repeatedly lying for Trump?

Apr 2014
redacted
It's not against the law to lie to the American people. If it was, then both Trump, Sanders and several others in the Trump WH would be going to jail.

The Mueller report proves Sanders repeatedly lied to the American people for President Trump. While what she did isn't illegal, it's certainly unethical. Should she resign now or ride out the storm? As the linked article below states, "Sanders isn’t Trump's White House press secretary as much as she is America’s main minister of propaganda."

Opinion | Sarah Sanders is just a propaganda minister now. It's time for her to resign.
Our system requires there to be trust between the American people, the free press and our elected leaders. Abusing and breaking that trust is a body blow to democracy. Degrading the White House podium and relegating it to a propaganda pulpit smacks of a dictatorship, not a free and open society.

Reactions: Clara007
Jun 2018
South Dakota
I'd agree to her resigning just as soon as Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler and Schumer resign and slither out too.
The Dems and their complicit cronys in the press have an alternative. They could just not attend the meetings.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
It's not against the law to lie to the American people. If it was, then both Trump, Sanders and several others in the Trump WH would be going to jail.
Be careful what you wish for. The great thundering herd of Dems headed for the exit would take days to pass into oblivion first. Just the ones who have been parrotting the collusion delusion lie would fill a cruise ship.
Just their continuing blather still shouting "bombshell!" on a daily basis would still fill a dozen tour busses.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Sanders is now defending herself. She is so perfect for Trump although I don't know how he can stand to look at her. (Ok--heck yeah--that was snotty).

Sanders: If you look at what I said, I said the 'slip of the tongue' was in using the word 'countless,' but there were a number of FBI, both former and current, that agreed with the president's decision, and they've continued to speak out and say that and send notice to the White House of that agreement with the president's decision," she said on ABC's "Good Morning America."
"I said that it was in the heat of the moment, meaning it wasn't a scripted thing," she added on "CBS This Morning." ''But the big takeaway here is that the sentiment is 100% accurate."

Sanders is among scores of current and former White House officials who were interviewed by Mueller's team during the nearly two-year investigation that examined whether Trump's campaign coordinated with Russia during the 2016 election and whether the president tried to interfere with the inquiry. OOPS! Sarah had to cover her very large ass.

Credibility? Gone
Believability? Gone
Reputation? Long gone.

Sarah's a liar like her boss. Either drop a house on her or fire her.

Reactions: Lyzza
Apr 2014
redacted
Be careful what you wish for. The great thundering herd of Dems headed for the exit would take days to pass into oblivion first. Just the ones who have been parrotting the collusion delusion lie would fill a cruise ship.
Just their continuing blather still shouting "bombshell!" on a daily basis would still fill a dozen tour busses.
I fail to see the problem of jailing a "great thundering herd of Dems", but it's both sad and unsurprising that you support lies and corruption from our elected leaders as long as they have an "R" after their name.

Reactions: Lyzza

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Sanders is now defending herself. She is so perfect for Trump although I don't know how he can stand to look at her. (Ok--heck yeah--that was snotty).

Sanders: If you look at what I said, I said the 'slip of the tongue' was in using the word 'countless,' but there were a number of FBI, both former and current, that agreed with the president's decision, and they've continued to speak out and say that and send notice to the White House of that agreement with the president's decision," she said on ABC's "Good Morning America."
"I said that it was in the heat of the moment, meaning it wasn't a scripted thing," she added on "CBS This Morning." ''But the big takeaway here is that the sentiment is 100% accurate."

Sanders is among scores of current and former White House officials who were interviewed by Mueller's team during the nearly two-year investigation that examined whether Trump's campaign coordinated with Russia during the 2016 election and whether the president tried to interfere with the inquiry. OOPS! Sarah had to cover her very large ass.

Credibility? Gone
Believability? Gone
Reputation? Long gone.

Sarah's a liar like her boss. Either drop a house on her or fire her.
And.....she was wrong. My SIL works for the FBI. My sharp-witted, intuitive daughter has been to party's at which Comey was in attendance. She's met the man.

All of Sarah's and Trump's claims about Comey are BS, according to her, and the firing of Comey reverberated negatively throughout the organization.

It was entertaining to watch Sarah get a little girl caught lying look on her face. She didn't want to play a numbers game. rofl

Reactions: Lyzza and Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
And.....she was wrong. My SIL works for the FBI. My sharp-witted, intuitive daughter has been to party's at which Comey was in attendance. She's met the man.

All of Sarah's and Trump's claims about Comey are BS, according to her, and the firing of Comey reverberated negatively throughout the organization.

It was entertaining to watch Sarah get a little girl caught lying look on her face. She didn't want to play a numbers game. rofl

BUT......only AFTER her testimony UNDER OATH to Mueller's team. Now it's a "slip of the tongue". AND then she did what good little Dotard Disciples do. She blamed Democrats.
“I’m sorry I wasn’t a robot like the Democratic Party that went out for two-and-a-half years and stated time and time again that there was definitely Russian collusion between the president and his campaign, that they had evidence to show it, and that the president and his team deserved to be in jail,” she said. “That he shouldn’t be in office, when really they were the ones that were creating the greatest scandal in the history of our country.”

The greatest scandal in the HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY. Sarah is a piece of work. The Democrats were the ones creating the scandal? Another lie.
Not surprising that even Sanders didn't read the Rosenstein doc: Rod J. Rosenstein, appointed former F.B.I. Director Robert S. Mueller III as the special counsel to oversee the investigation into Russian tampering in the 2016 presidential election.
Apparently NO ONE on the Right supports our intelligence agencies and all the "witches" that were indicted.

Reactions: tristanrobin