Should the Hyde Amendment be Overturned?

Apr 2016
Florida
After all, it discriminates against the poor and minorities.

Joe Biden made a great decision to join his fellow candidates in his call to repeal this amendment.

Biden Reverses Position, Rejects Hyde Amendment, Cites Attacks On Abortion Access

Former Vice President Joseph Biden said in Atlanta on Thursday that he now opposes the Hyde Amendment, which bans most federal funding for abortions through programs like Medicaid.

He attributed his change in stance to Republican legislators' passing bills to limit access to abortions and efforts to topple the landmark Roe v. Wade decision that legalized the procedure.

"If I believe heath care is a right, as I do, I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone's zip code," Biden said at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Georgia, among the states that have have recently passed laws restricting abortions.

Dec 2015
Arizona
NOT only YES but HELL YES to overturning the Hyde Amendment. Biden was about to be left alongside the DRC road.
He reversed course.
The Hyde Amendment is/was an attack on underprivileged women. I'm with Lizzy Warren (again) on this one:
“Understand this: women of means will still have access to abortions. Who won’t will be poor women.”

Dec 2015
Arizona
NOT only YES but HELL YES to overturning the Hyde Amendment. Biden was about to be left alongside the DRC road.
He reversed course.
The Hyde Amendment is/was an attack on underprivileged women. I'm with Lizzy Warren (again) on this one:
“Understand this: women of means will still have access to abortions. Who won’t will be poor women.”
Correction: DNC not DRC

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
After all, it discriminates against the poor and minorities.

Joe Biden made a great decision to join his fellow candidates in his call to repeal this amendment.

Biden Reverses Position, Rejects Hyde Amendment, Cites Attacks On Abortion Access

Former Vice President Joseph Biden said in Atlanta on Thursday that he now opposes the Hyde Amendment, which bans most federal funding for abortions through programs like Medicaid.

He attributed his change in stance to Republican legislators' passing bills to limit access to abortions and efforts to topple the landmark Roe v. Wade decision that legalized the procedure.

"If I believe heath care is a right, as I do, I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone's zip code," Biden said at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Georgia, among the states that have have recently passed laws restricting abortions.

The answer is no. The Hyde Amendment was passed to prohibit the federal govcernment from paying for abortions. The opponents to Hyde argue that federal funding is necessary to protect womens health, and secondarily, her reproductive choies. Both arguments are lies. Even under the Hyde Amendment a woman is nor prevented from seeking medical service, just not an abortion. In addition, an abortion is not a natural process of a woman's reproductive health. In many cases it is a threat to her reproductive health, and her emotional health..

Apr 2013
La La Land North
The answer is no. The Hyde Amendment was passed to prohibit the federal govcernment from paying for abortions. The opponents to Hyde argue that federal funding is necessary to protect womens health, and secondarily, her reproductive choies. Both arguments are lies. Even under the Hyde Amendment a woman is nor prevented from seeking medical service, just not an abortion. In addition, an abortion is not a natural process of a woman's reproductive health. In many cases it is a threat to her reproductive health, and her emotional health..
That, sir, is a load of huei. (That's polite for bullshit if you didn't know.)

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Then you should be able to contradict it rather then post more bull shit. just my way of being real
All facts needed to prove your opinions to be biased and prejudicial have already been posted. So what is the point? You either don't read them or you choose to ignore them and keep repeating what I assume to be religion based crap.

Does the Hyde amendment stop middle class and wealthy women from getting abortions? Hell no. So just keep picking on the poor and keep the fundie menace voting for you.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
All facts needed to prove your opinions to be biased and prejudicial have already been posted. So what is the point? You either don't read them or you choose to ignore them and keep repeating what I assume to be religion based crap.

Does the Hyde amendment stop middle class and wealthy women from getting abortions? Hell no. So just keep picking on the poor and keep the fundie menace voting for you.
Has anyone explained to you just how ignorant you are? Obviously not. Nobody aside from you has commented on my post, so if you see something wrong with that they point it out, and quit being a childish ass.

The Hyde Amendment does not prevent poor women from getting an abortion fool. It only prevents the federal government from paying for it. States can still pay for one, charities can still pay for one, you can pay for one. And it does nothing to prevent a woman from receiving health care, so that is a lie fools are spreading.

State Funding of Abortion Under Medicaid

And there is nothing moral about an abortion. If you think so then I pity your sorry ass.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Has anyone explained to you just how ignorant you are? Obviously not. Nobody aside from you has commented on my post, so if you see something wrong with that they point it out, and quit being a childish ass.

The Hyde Amendment does not prevent poor women from getting an abortion fool. It only prevents the federal government from paying for it. States can still pay for one, charities can still pay for one, you can pay for one. And it does nothing to prevent a woman from receiving health care, so that is a lie fools are spreading.

State Funding of Abortion Under Medicaid

And there is nothing moral about an abortion. If you think so then I pity your sorry ass.
Stay classy.:upsidedown: