Should the NRA be banned as a terrorist organization?

Should the NRAbe banned?

• Total voters
Jun 2019
CA
It bought Republicans.
The level of contributions made by the NRA is greatly exaggerated. But just for the sake of discussion, let's say that's true. Where is the CRIMINAL act? Where is the intent to INTIMIDATE or COERCE?

Jun 2019
CA
The level of contributions made by the NRA is greatly exaggerated. But just for the sake of discussion, let's say that's true. Where is the CRIMINAL act? Where is the intent to INTIMIDATE or COERCE?
The answer, of course, is that the NRA has never done anything remotely fitting the definition of terrorism. Calling the NRA a terrorist organization is yet another example of leftists throwing insults when they are unable to come up with a rational argument. "Racist", "sexist" or "homophobic" don't apply, so call them terrorists.

Whether you like the NRA or not, they are a legitimate political organization and they have every right to promote their views under the First Amendment. The idea that they should be banned shows the wisdom behind the saying:
"If they ban the Second Amendment first, they'll ban the First Amendment second."

Here's a couple of other opinions on the subject, from decidedly non-NRA friendly sources:
From the Los Angeles Times:
Opinion: The NRA is many things, but it’s not a terrorist organization
From the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/05/no-san-francisco-nra-is-not-domestic-terrorist-organization/

Reactions: Gdjjr
Feb 2018
Oregon
What we need is a very strict campaign finance law. Identify a reasonable maximum campaign contribution that individual median America would be likely to contribute as an individual total per election, and make that amount the maximum total contribution allowed per election per contributor. Let's say that is $500. Then the maximum allowed total campaign contribution which can be split up in any way between candidates would be $500 per contributor per election. Then ban all PACs, and ban all other contributions of any kind, and ban all campaign ads except for those paid for by the candidate out of their campaign funds received according to the above guidelines.

No other entity would be allowed to advertise on any media regarding any political issue, whether federal or state.

Then watch to see how the corrupt interests get around all that, and then close those gaps as they appear.

This would make it very difficult for the NRA to involve itself in any election.

Additional thought would need to be given to individuals posting political opinions and stories on Facebook.

Reactions: se7en
Jun 2019
CA
What we need is a very strict campaign finance law. Identify a reasonable maximum campaign contribution that individual median America would be likely to contribute as an individual total per election, and make that amount the maximum total contribution allowed per election per contributor. Let's say that is $500. Then the maximum allowed total campaign contribution which can be split up in any way between candidates would be $500 per contributor per election. Then ban all PACs, and ban all other contributions of any kind, and ban all campaign ads except for those paid for by the candidate out of their campaign funds received according to the above guidelines.

No other entity would be allowed to advertise on any media regarding any political issue, whether federal or state.

Then watch to see how the corrupt interests get around all that, and then close those gaps as they appear.

This would make it very difficult for the NRA to involve itself in any election.

Additional thought would need to be given to individuals posting political opinions and stories on Facebook.
I can see the appeal, but the current trend is in the opposite direction, see Citizens United v. FEC.

So you you think the NRA is a terrorist organization?

Feb 2018
Oregon
I can see the appeal, but the current trend is in the opposite direction, see Citizens United v. FEC.

So you you think the NRA is a terrorist organization?
I wouldn't call the NRA a terrorist org. I think they should be stopped from their political activities, but terrorism is something else. I could be wrong though.

There has been talk of being able to pass laws that end the powers of Citizens United. One possibility includes a declaration that speech is verbal, vocal, and printed words, and that money is not speech.

LTP

Mar 2018
Grayson
I promise you one thing: if black guys were hoarding guns the wingers would happily get on board with gun control :D

Bull freaking crap. If blacks aren't buying self defense weapons, they are idiots. BTW, I've seen a LOT of black guys with NRA caps on and speaking out publicly. Man you should check out YouTube.

Reactions: Gdjjr