Shutdown cost U.S. economy $11 billion, budget office says

highway80west

Former Staff
Mar 2007
San Diego, CA

This is all on Trump. If he would have done his homework and consulted his advisors, he would have saved this country $11B. As it is, it is like a pro-longed thaw from the deep cold weather of the shutdown. I heard that it would take a year for the IRS to open every mail from the taxpayers now that they are back in business.

So Trump had better sign whatever deal there is in less than three weeks to avoid another shutdown. Even though we may file our taxes before the February 15 deadline, the IRS may no be able to process during another shutdown for who knows how long it may last. :-(

Jun 2018
South Dakota

This is all on Trump. If he would have done his homework and consulted his advisors, he would have saved this country $11B. As it is, it is like a pro-longed thaw from the deep cold weather of the shutdown. I heard that it would take a year for the IRS to open every mail from the taxpayers now that they are back in business.

So Trump had better sign whatever deal there is in less than three weeks to avoid another shutdown. Even though we may file our taxes before the February 15 deadline, the IRS may no be able to process during another shutdown for who knows how long it may last. :-(
All on Trump? Not hardly. Pelosi could have saved the country billions by simply giving Trump the money and getting on with the business of running the country. As it is the Dems are already running it into the ground and they've only been in the driver seat for less than a month. Pelosi will do well to make a deal for DACA and move to her next obstruction project.

Reactions: highway80west
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
This. Is. Not. Complicated.

When a government is shut down because a party is asking for a THING, said party is responsible for the shutdown. If I'm playing backyard football and I take the football and sit in the middle of the field until the opposing team gives me a 7 point advantage, the opposing team is not responsible when the game is shut down.