Signs That Win The Internets At The National Women's March

Nov 2012
nirvana
From 3.3 million to 5.2 million. 300 cities---and records are breaking all over. (Here in Austin, it’s the largest gathering in city history.)

And they aren’t just marching and going home: a record number of women are running for office. Hundreds of thousands have become activists and leaders. Millions more are voting.

The resistance isn’t abating, it’s getting stronger. Nine months to midterms.

Even more heartening: children. There are children everywhere, which will be the new generation to end the bigotry, misogyny, and hatred of the tribal rightwing. They are being defined by the awfulness they see on one side and the hope on our side. Deep red areas will flip in my lifetime.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1/20/1734557/-Signs-That-Win-the-Internets-At-the-National-Women-s-Marches

Reactions: 4 people
Jan 2018
USA
From 3.3 million to 5.2 million. 300 cities---and records are breaking all over. (Here in Austin, it’s the largest gathering in city history.)

And they aren’t just marching and going home: a record number of women are running for office. Hundreds of thousands have become activists and leaders. Millions more are voting.

Even more heartening: children. There are children everywhere, which will be the new generation to end the bigotry, misogyny, and hatred of the tribal rightwing. They are being defined by the awfulness they see on one side and the hope on our side. Deep red areas will flip in my lifetime.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1/20/1734557/-Signs-That-Win-the-Internets-At-the-National-Women-s-Marches
You forget the promotion of hating white christian right wingers, esp ,males. Yea, much progress has been made since we ok'd the killing of "pigs", the oppression of open dialogue on college campuses and the smearing of American citizens, who happen to disagree with us, in favor of people from abroad.
Look up bigotry.

Reactions: 1 person

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
You forget the promotion of hating white christian right wingers, esp ,males. Yea, much progress has been made since we ok'd the killing of "pigs", the oppression of open dialogue on college campuses and the smearing of American citizens, who happen to disagree with us, in favor of people from abroad.
Look up bigotry.
Did you ever watch/listen to the Republican President speak? Do you read his tweets?

Jan 2018
USA
Did you ever watch/listen to the Republican President speak? Do you read his tweets?
Context is everything. Do you remember the last Democrat President making racist remarks? No, of course not.
Ask yourself why the women marched. Are all of them in the anti Trump posse? Why then did they not come out up front and say so? Are they deceptive?
I see anti Trump pics. Good. If that is what this boils down to, I'm not interested.
If we, however, are discussing women's rights and march for equality, count me in.
So please, decide on the topic and state clearly what you think this march was all about.

Reactions: 1 person

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Context is everything. Do you remember the last Democrat President making racist remarks? No, of course not.
Ask yourself why the women marched. Are all of them in the anti Trump posse? Why then did they not come out up front and say so? Are they deceptive?
I see anti Trump pics. Good. If that is what this boils down to, I'm not interested.
If we, however, are discussing women's rights and march for equality, count me in.
So please, decide on the topic and state clearly what you think this march was all about.
Wonderful outrage. Plus it deflects from the criticism of the Republican President. By me and the marchers.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio

https://www.da ilykos.com/stories/2018/1/20/1734557/-Signs-That-Win-the-Internetso-At-the-National-Women-s-Marches
Keep women barefoot and pregnant. Bwahaha!

Dec 2015
Arizona

The organizers of the Women’s March on Washington describe the march as a “women-led movement bringing together people of all genders, ages, races, cultures, political affiliations and backgrounds … to affirm our shared humanity and pronounce our bold message of resistance and self-determination”.
Interestingly, their official platform doesn’t even mention Trump but instead focuses on the values and rights his policies might threaten.

Of course, when millions of people are involved in something, their motivations, beliefs and ideologies will differ. Rallies like this are never homogenous.
Every American who voted for Donald Trump didn’t do so for the same reason and everyone who attended the marches didn’t have identical reasons either. Attendees cited everything from immigration, climate change, foreign aid, racism, income inequality, healthcare, LGBT rights and police brutality as their motivation to be there.
As Clinton said: Women's rights are human rights.