Since Obamacare, trying to buy

Sep 2016
Oregon
health insurance is a real shock. i.e. for one person, under 55, the cheapest is $588 per month with a $6550 deductible. If you want a $1000 deductible ilt will cost $870 per month. And...some of those only pay to doctors signed up for the particular company. In those States with only one Insurance company still there...it must be even worse.

This administration has to do something to change this entire health insurance crap, and especially for those individuals that do not get employer insurance or are such as Medicaid and government assistance programs.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2015
chicago
health insurance is a real shock. i.e. for one person, under 55, the cheapest is $588 per month with a $6550 deductible. If you want a $1000 deductible ilt will cost $870 per month. And...some of those only pay to doctors signed up for the particular company. In those States with only one Insurance company still there...it must be even worse.

This administration has to do something to change this entire health insurance crap, and especially for those individuals that do not get employer insurance or are such as Medicaid and government assistance programs.
Obamacare is a disaster. I am so disappointed in the republicans in congress. They have blown a golden opportunity to solve this horrible healthcare situation.

Jul 2015
chicago
I have a blue cross HMO plan through my work. Its a family plan and I am paying $600 a month myself. Plus $40 for a dental plan. It is really hurting me financially.

Sep 2016
Oregon
that is for a family plan and through a group type insurance. Think what a family would be charged without employer insurance. This is really going to be a disaster, if something major is not done. Perhaps, If the Congress will agree to do away with the Obamacare mandate, as one of the chambers has done...forgot which one.. they will move forward with a much better plan than the disaster Obamacare has been.

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
that is for a family plan and through a group type insurance. Think what a family would be charged without employer insurance. This is really going to be a disaster, if something major is not done. Perhaps, If the Congress will agree to do away with the Obamacare mandate, as one of the chambers has done...forgot which one.. they will move forward with a much better plan than the disaster Obamacare has been.

We are both self employed and our family plan has gone up over $10k since Obamacare. We never go to the dr. I have no idea even what our deductible is anymore. 20 bazillion obamabucks or some shit.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I got my bill for next year, it's going up $11 a month.
I have a plan for bank officers, it covers everything, no deductible.
The premiums have gone up slowly since Obamacare was passed, it's really held down the cost.
Of course, single payer would save a bundle, but we won't get that until the next blue wave.
If they pull the mandate, self employed people will see their premiums soar.
Except for the ones who self insure.
All they have to do is not get sick. Otherwise bankruptcy and then Medicaid, which the Republicans are cutting, so early death.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

“I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid.” The failed healthcare package would have cut Medicaid by $880 billion.

“I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now. ...​The government's gonna pay for it.”

"[Our] healthcare plan is on its way. Will have much lower premiums & deductibles while at the same time taking care of pre-existing conditions!"

No worries goodpen.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
“We’re going to have insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

“I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid.” The failed healthcare package would have cut Medicaid by $880 billion.

“I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now. ...​The government's gonna pay for it.”

"[Our] healthcare plan is on its way. Will have much lower premiums & deductibles while at the same time taking care of pre-existing conditions!"

No worries goodpen.
I bet he doesn't understand what this post of yours is all about.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2015
chicago

No worries goodpen.
do I need to go dig up quotes about how obamacare was going to save families $2500 a year and how you can keep your doctor and keep your plan?