Sisphean Task

Dec 2015
Arizona
What does that mean in common redneck?

Do you mean sisyphean?? In Greek mythology Sisyphus was King of Corinth and was condemend to an eternity of rolling a boulder uphill then watching it roll back down again.
So I assume it means (in common redneck) hard work that never ends??

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Do you mean sisyphean?? In Greek mythology Sisyphus was King of Corinth and was condemend to an eternity of rolling a boulder uphill then watching it roll back down again.
Somebody used that phrase on USMB and the topic was Trump. I asked the OP what that means and said I think it is the polar opposite or antithesis of a Herculean Task but the OP did not answer me. I guess I have to look it up in the dictionary which is a Herculean Task.

I knew I saw the word Corinth before and then it flashed back to me. Corinth is on the sea and had a major import and export harbor. I once had a certified silver coin from ancient Corinth that had an anchor, owl and boat on it. I gave it to my shipmate who is administrator of the USS Somers DDG-34 website for printing my sea stories and famous picture as a token of gratitude.

Last edited:
Apr 2013
Left coast
I think part of the message is its pointlessness.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Somebody used that phrase on USMB and the topic was Trump. I asked the OP what that means and said I think it is the polar opposite or antithesis of a Herculean Task but the OP did not answer me. I guess I have to look it up in the dictionary which is a Herculean Task.

I knew I saw the word Corinth before and then it flashed back to me. Corinth is on the sea and had a major import and export harbor. I once had a certified silver coin from ancient Corinth that had an anchor, owl and boat on it. I gave it to my shipmate who is administrator of the USS Somers DDG-34 website for printing my sea stories and famous picture as a token of gratitude.

A Herculean task would be something extremely difficult or impossible to do, Sister. Hercules had enormous strength but most of us do not. Example: It would be a Herculean task for me to climb Mt. Everest or lift 200 pounds or avoid eating chocolate. LOL

Dec 2015
Arizona
When I use the word moot my educated friends get aggressive and I am not sure what that word means but it has to be a bad word.

Sister, has anyone ever told you how sweet you are?? :wub:

Moot (one of my favorite words): something that's debatable and possibly irrelevent. Questionable? Unresolved.