So is gay marriage a settled issue now?

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

Nov 2005
California
Until the State is completely out of marriage as in no begging permission for a permit, then the right to marry will never be settled
Nobody is even trying to fight for that.

Heterosexuals brought the government into marriage and acquired over 1,000 rights, benefits and privileges along with it.
Marriage Rights and Benefits
Defense of Marriage Act: Update to Prior Report

Quite frankly, I have never met anybody who wants the government out of marriage who has any comprehension of what that would mean....

i am abivelent about poligamy i think women may be mistreated
And there's the other shoe dropping.
If the government got out of marriage, then there are no restrictions. Gay marriage, polygamy, etc, etc, all become open possibilities.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio

Heterosexuals brought the government into marriage and acquired over 1,000 rights, benefits and privileges along with it.

Quite frankly, I have never met anybody who wants the government out of marriage who has any comprehension of what that would mean....
i'm confused is it a good thing or a bad thing? i'm for gay marraige well not so much for it as not against it, marry your cat what do i care?

Nov 2012
Kekistan

And there's the other shoe dropping.
If the government got out of marriage, then there are no restrictions. Gay marriage, polygamy, etc, etc, all become open possibilities.
Actually you should study up on that.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ama-lawmakers-could-abolish-marriage-licenses

Oklahoma bill abolishes state marriage licenses

Abolish The Marriage License

Furthermore there is no ramification for abolishing permission from the state to marry. There is no law requiring people to be married to live together and have a relationship of their choosing, therefore there should be no reason they can not register themselves as married with the state as opposed to begging the state for a permission slip. Its a very big difference with the same result. No more Kim Davis denial crap, no more on religious grounds crap. None of that happens. A couple goes to the state, says were married, and thats the end of it. As opposed to, excuse me my lord, with permission of thy lordship, may we be married in a manner of our choosing if it pleases thy lords and nobles. Then they get a piece of paper, that they had to pay for, that specifies (in many cases, depending on the state) where in the state you can be married, and a time table that the piece of paper is good for. Its barbaric, its wrong and I could care less what reason someone came up with it for. Although I am pretty sure it was so local courthouses could impose another fee on the citizens.

Nov 2012
Kekistan
i am abivelent about poligamy i think women may be mistreated
I think adults should be able to have a consensual relationship of their choosing as long as neither party is forced into something they do not want. Do whatever you want as long as you do not harm others.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Actually you should study up on that.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ama-lawmakers-could-abolish-marriage-licenses

Oklahoma bill abolishes state marriage licenses

Abolish The Marriage License

Furthermore there is no ramification for abolishing permission from the state to marry. There is no law requiring people to be married to live together and have a relationship of their choosing, therefore there should be no reason they can not register themselves as married with the state as opposed to begging the state for a permission slip. Its a very big difference with the same result. No more Kim Davis denial crap, no more on religious grounds crap. None of that happens. A couple goes to the state, says were married, and thats the end of it. As opposed to, excuse me my lord, with permission of thy lordship, may we be married in a manner of our choosing if it pleases thy lords and nobles. Then they get a piece of paper, that they had to pay for, that specifies (in many cases, depending on the state) where in the state you can be married, and a time table that the piece of paper is good for. Its barbaric, its wrong and I could care less what reason someone came up with it for. Although I am pretty sure it was so local courthouses could impose another fee on the citizens.
in ohio after like 100s year they did away with common law marriage, why not just bring that back?

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I think adults should be able to have a consensual relationship of their choosing as long as neither party is forced into something they do not want. Do whatever you want as long as you do not harm others.
i wory about mormon women relgion opresses women

Nov 2012
Kekistan
in ohio after like 100s year they did away with common law marriage, why not just bring that back?
I am opposed to that as well because again it takes the choice away from consenting adults. Maybe people want a relationship without the state just deciding that some arbitary date of cohabitation is now marriage. Maybe the "couple" were not romantically involved, maybe they just shared a mailing address. Now all of a sudden, thanks to the state, you have a person with a potential property claim on property that really they should have no claim to unless stated in a will.