So now that we have socialized medicine...

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
...and something crazy like 60% of TV commercials are for drugs I think maybe that is something that should be addressed. Since we are forced to pay the skyrocketing prices to the government created pharmaceutical monopoly I think we could curb those costs by restricting commercials. I would like to see them outlawed as long we are forced into the system as the adds are in reality costing the taxpayers billions of dollars. Or maybe we could say that every dollar they spend on advertisements they have to also contribute a dollar into the healthcare pot.

I dunno. Thoughts.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
...and something crazy like 60% of TV commercials are for drugs I think maybe that is something that should be addressed. Since we are forced to pay the skyrocketing prices to the government created pharmaceutical monopoly I think we could curb those costs by restricting commercials. I would like to see them outlawed as long we are forced into the system as the adds are in reality costing the taxpayers billions of dollars. Or maybe we could say that every dollar they spend on advertisements they have to also contribute a dollar into the healthcare pot.

I dunno. Thoughts.
I remember there was a time when doctors, lawyers, hospitals and drug companies cold NOT advertise. My first girl friend's father was an optometrist, and he wasn't even allowed to use his name as a football supporter for the tiny little private school we were attending at the time.

It seemed to me we were a lot less litigious and medical costs were far more reasonable. My parents certainly didn't fear taking us to the doctor office when we were sick. My first insurance health insurance was hospitalization insurance.

I sometimes wonder if we wouldn't be better off if we went back that.