Sodom and Gomorrah

Dec 2018
U.S
Ezekiel 16:49 "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."

Okay.. so Sodom, the sister city seemed a bit bad, right? So much talk is about that city.. And then there is the 'other city' which noone really knows anything about. Gomorrah. What kinds of 'sins' did Gomorrah have? Not too many mentionings of that 'other city'.

So.. taking a look at Ezekiel 16:49.. Who is this being spoken to? Sodoma? Is this being spoken to Sodom(a)? No it wasn't.. It was being spoken to one of Sodom's sisters. This was spoken to the city known as 'The Fountain of Peace'. from yarah and shalem : perhaps to be stupefied and to be complete or sound

Ezekiel 16:1-5 "Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations, 3And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite. 4And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all. 5None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born."

Ezekiel 16:46 "And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters."

Ezekiel 16:47-52 " Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways. 48As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. 49Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. 51Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done. 52Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters."

Who is this?

Ezekiel 16:13-14 "Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom. 14And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD."

A kingdom.

Was Jerusalem never part of a Kingdom until The LORD God prospered it into a 'kingdom'? And did the 'renown' of Jerusalem go forth among the heathen? There was King David, King Solomon, King Rehoboam. Then the 'kingdom' was divided. The Northern part and the Southern part.

So when did the renown of Jerusalem go forth out to and among the heathen before the 'beauty' which King Solomon brought with the Temple that the Queen of Sheba came to visit and inquire of?

King Rehoboam was from B.C 931-913
Ezekiel was around 292 years later.

So Jerusalem..
Joshua 10:1 "Now it came to pass, when Adonizedek king of Jerusalem had heard how Joshua had taken Ai, and had utterly destroyed it; as he had done to Jericho and her king, so he had done to Ai and her king; and how the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel, and were among them;"

Joshua 10:23 "And they did so, and brought forth those five kings unto him out of the cave, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon."

Joshua 15:8 "And the border went up by the valley of the son of Hinnom unto the south side of the Jebusite; the same is Jerusalem: and the border went up to the top of the mountain that lieth before the valley of Hinnom westward, which is at the end of the valley of the giants northward:"

Joshua 15:63 "As for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out: but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day."

Judges 1:21 "And the children of Benjamin did not drive out the Jebusites that inhabited Jerusalem; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Benjamin in Jerusalem unto this day."

Last edited:
Dec 2018
U.S
So there was already a 'Jerusalem' prior to the Sons of (J)acob entering into the Promised land.

And what 'kingdom' was 'Jerusalem' a part of before the land was named Y'srael?

The Jebusites (Hebrew: יְבוּסִי) were a Canaanite tribe who, according to the Hebrew Bible, inhabited the region around Jerusalem prior to the capture of the city by King David. Before that time, Jerusalem was called both Jebus and Salem. The Tanakh contains the only surviving ancient text known to use the term Jebusite to describe the pre-Israelite inhabitants of Jerusalem; according to the Table of Nations (Genesis10), the Jebusites are identified as a Canaanite tribe, listed in third place among the Canaanite groups, between the Hittites and the Amorites.

Jebusite - New World Encyclopedia

Genesis 9:18 "And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan."

Canaan's sons:

Heth
Zidon
Arvad

From the mid 14th century BC through to the 11th century BC, much of Canaan (particularly the north, central and eastern regions of Syria and the north western Mediterranean coastal regions) fell to the Middle Assyrian Empire, and both Egyptian and Hittite influence waned as a result. Powerful Assyrian kings extracted tribute from Canaanite states and cities from north, east and central Syria as far as the Mediterranean.[52] The King of Assyria Arik-den-ili (reigned c. 1307–1296 BC), consolidated Assyrian power in the Levant, he defeated and conquered ancient Semitic-speaking peoples of the so-called Ahlamu group. He was followed by Adad-nirari I (1295–1275 BC) who continued expansion to the northwest, mainly at the expense of the Hittites and Hurrians, conquering Hittite territories such as Carchemish and beyond. In 1274 BC Shalmaneser I ascended the Assyrian throne. A powerful warrior king, he annexed territories in Syria and Canaan previously under Egyptian or Hittite influence, and the growing power of Assyria was perhaps the reason why these two states made peace with one another.[52] This trend continued under Tukulti-Ninurta I (1244–1208 BC) and after a hiatus, under Tiglath-Pileser I (1115–1077 BC) who conquered the Arameans of northern Syria, and thence he proceeded to conquer Damascus and the Canaanite/Phoenician cities of (Byblos), Sidon, Tyre and finally Arvad .

Canaan - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Dec 2018
U.S
So there is Jerusalem, Sodom(a) and Gomorrah, Samaria. All 'sister' cities.

Why are they called 'sister'?

269. achoth
another, sister, together
Irregular feminine of 'ach; a sister (used very widely (like 'Ezrachiy), literally and figuratively) -- (an-)other, sister, together.

The LORD God told the Sons of (J)acob to not get too involved with the affairs of those they were going to be near.

Deuteronomy 7:3 "Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son."

Why? Deuteronomy 7:4 "For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly."

But if Jerusalem was a 'sister' city to Sodom and Samaria, why is it called 'sister' city?

They were not in these laws of The LORD to not intermarry with the other 'inhabitants' of the other cities. And hence being cities that preferred 'another(s), sister(s), together' over than preferring The LORD.

Is this 'bad' though? No. It is not. They lived their life they way they desired. The LORD was giving back the land of Abraham to his great grandchildren, the sons of his grandson, (J)acob. But during the 400 years they were in 'slavery' in Egypt, the land which was sworn to Abraham for his 'children' was occupied. So The LORD God had to slowly 'have them' leave so The LORD God could keep Covenant with Abraham and to Abraham's great grandchildren, the sons of (J)acob.

Genesis 15:18 "In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:"

Genesis 11:31-32 "And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there. 32And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran. "

Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Haran, and Sarai, Abram's wife and they went forth from Ur of the Chaldees unto Haran. From here, Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. 5And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.

- Genesis 12:4-5

Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

In thee shall all families of the earth be blessed...

Deuteronomy 7:3 "Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son."

Deuteronomy 7:4 "For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly."

Ezekiel 16:46 "And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters."

Ezekiel 16:47-52 " Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways. 48As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. 49Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. 51Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done. 52Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters."

So... what could be so 'frightful' with The LORD that I might not want to 'serve' Him and be blessed? What can be so difficult with living by His rules?

Let's see. The necessary 'animal sacrifices and offerings' were 'done away with' leaving me with less responsibility. I'm not mandated or commanded to go to Church at least 1 time a week. I'm not forced to do any 'hard and unnecessary labor'. I'm given an easy 'diet' to follow. What else? Nothing is mentioned about smoking weed or even drinking from time to time, although drinking and driving is illegal after the .08 content. What could be so 'difficult' with following His rules?

If an estimated 3% considers themselves LBGT, LGBT.. that leaves 97% who does not and out of that 97% a certain % must be looking forward to marriage and family life. This would leave the remaining % to live as 'single' until marriage should come around, if by chance or guidance. So what could be so difficult?

So is the 3% being 'cast out', per se? Or are they not 'under' the (J)ewish Commandments?

Or does this have anything to do with 'no sex until marriage' doctrine?

And so, this is how it might be:

In 1900, Church attendees were very upright and noble and practiced morality, I think. They were in good homes and in good families and one of their duties was to upkeep their Neighborhood and Society as well as the State they were living in. Being 'patriotic' was a noble character then. While growing up in these years, parents made it clear that their home was to remain in a good reputation with the others in the town they were living in and the children learned the importance of not bringing shame into the family and/or home. They attended school, excelled, prayed and learned the meaning of 'wholesome' living. This occurred all the way up until 1962. In 1962 a Supreme Court case ruled against 'school prayer' in the Engel v. Vitale hearing. Schools no longer said their daily prayers they were accustomed to since 1900, per se. As there were still Churches in 1962, however, they tried to continue instilling the good morals of U.S Society to the Church attendees. They spoke the same things, they encouraged the same things; make your home good and make your family good and upkeep your Neighborhood and Society as well as the State you are living in. Be 'patriotic' and be in a good repute with the others in the town; learn not to bring 'shame' into the family and/or home. These ideas slowly began to be diminished however and the 'free love' movement reemerged during the Vietnam War years. But the Churches were being upkept by those who were previously adhering to and attending to Church and as they continued the Churches, they continued with what they learned and what they were taught since 1900. Good homes, good families, upkeeping, patriotism, good reputations, not accepting shameful practices... Today, these 'old fashioned' ideals are being questioned to its easiness in keeping.

What the 'Establishment Clause' means today could/might NOT be what the 'Establishment Clause' meant in 1900 and in 1961.

Mr. Grover Cleveland was the U.S President in 1900 and Mr. William McKinley and Mr. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. was U.S President(s) in 1901.

Mr. Woodrow Wilson was the U.S President during the years of 1913 - 1921.

Mr. Dwight D. Eishenhower was the U.S President in 1960 as well as 1961 and Mr. John F. Kennedy was the U.S Presidents in 1961 to 1963.

Shucks.. sorry.. Mr. Grover Cleveland was the U.S President in 1897 making Mr. William McKinley the U.S President in 1900 and 1901 and Mr. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. the U.S President in 1901, also.

Last edited:
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
the lesson of some and gomorah is simple, dont force yourself on others, it wasnt about being gay it was about being a dick

Dec 2018
U.S
So from Mr. Cleveland, 3 years prior to 1900, to Mr. Eisenhower and Mr. Kennedy, the U.S could have been about, good homes, good families, upkeeping, patriotism, good reputations, not accepting shameful practices, wholesome living, doing well in school.

But, there was definitely 'prayer' in Schools prior to the 1962 ruling.

Dec 2018
U.S
Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

In thee shall all families of the earth be blessed...

More than 400 years had passed from Genesis 12:3 to Deuteronomy 7:3 before Deuteronomy 7:3 was given.

And during those years, The LORD God didn't 'age' even 1 day.

2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

And all the while They are 'Ancient' of Days.

Daniel 7:9-10 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened."

How many 'days' makes 'Ancient'?

100 years?

If so, the U.S would be considered 'ancient' from the years 1787 to 1900, or so.

Quick question: In the current Contiguous U.S States, who set foot first? The French, The Spaniards, The English?

Last edited:
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Ezekiel 16:49 "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."

Okay.. so Sodom, the sister city seemed a bit bad, right? So much talk is about that city.. And then there is the 'other city' which noone really knows anything about. Gomorrah. What kinds of 'sins' did Gomorrah have? Not too many mentionings of that 'other city'.

So.. taking a look at Ezekiel 16:49.. Who is this being spoken to? Sodoma? Is this being spoken to Sodom(a)? No it wasn't.. It was being spoken to one of Sodom's sisters. This was spoken to the city known as 'The Fountain of Peace'. from yarah and shalem : perhaps to be stupefied and to be complete or sound

Ezekiel 16:1-5 "Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations, 3And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite. 4And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all. 5None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born."

Who is this?

Ezekiel 16:13-14 "Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom. 14And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD."

A kingdom.

Was Jerusalem never part of a Kingdom until The LORD God prospered it into a 'kingdom'? And did the 'renown' of Jerusalem go forth among the heathen? There was King David, King Solomon, King Rehoboam. Then the 'kingdom' was divided. The Northern part and the Southern part.

So when did the renown of Jerusalem go forth out to and among the heathen before the 'beauty' which King Solomon brought with the Temple that the Queen of Sheba came to visit and inquire of?

King Rehoboam was from B.C 931-913
Ezekiel was around 292 years later.

So Jerusalem..
Joshua 10:1 "Now it came to pass, when Adonizedek king of Jerusalem had heard how Joshua had taken Ai, and had utterly destroyed it; as he had done to Jericho and her king, so he had done to Ai and her king; and how the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel, and were among them;"

Joshua 10:23 "And they did so, and brought forth those five kings unto him out of the cave, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon."

Joshua 15:8 "And the border went up by the valley of the son of Hinnom unto the south side of the Jebusite; the same is Jerusalem: and the border went up to the top of the mountain that lieth before the valley of Hinnom westward, which is at the end of the valley of the giants northward:"

Joshua 15:63 "As for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out: but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day."

Judges 1:21 "And the children of Benjamin did not drive out the Jebusites that inhabited Jerusalem; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Benjamin in Jerusalem unto this day."
A Bollard laid waste to Sodom and Gomorrah. A Bollard is a meteor that explodes in the atmosphere and recorded by astronomers in ancient Sumer circa 3000 BC.

Dec 2018
U.S
Now.. can you imagine 'humans' mocking or scheming or plotting against God and against His anointed?

Psalm 2:1-3 "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

Dec 2018
U.S
meteor: late 15c., "any atmospheric phenomenon," from Old French meteore (13c.) and directly from Medieval Latin meteorum (nominative meteora), from Greek ta meteōra "the celestial phenomena, things in heaven above," plural of meteōron, literally "thing high up," noun use of neuter of meteōros (adj.) "high up, raised from the ground, hanging," from meta "by means of" (see meta-) + -aoros "lifted, lifted up, suspended, hovering in air," related to aeirein "to raise" (from PIE root *wer- (1) "to raise, lift, hold suspended").

Specific sense of "fireball in the sky, shooting star" is attested from 1590s. Atmospheric phenomena were formerly classified as aerial meteors (wind), aqueous meteors (rain, snow, hail), luminous meteors (aurora, rainbows), and igneous meteors (lightning, shooting stars). All the other senses have fallen away. When still in space beyond the atmosphere it is a meteoroid; when fallen to earth it is a meteorite. A periodically recurring fall of them (usually associated with a comet) is a meteor shower (by 1877).

meteor | Origin and meaning of meteor by Online Etymology Dictionary

1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another."

glory:
1391. doxa
dignity, glory, honor, praise, worship.
From the base of dokeo; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective) -- dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship.

1380. dokeó
be of reputation, seem good, suppose, think.
A prolonged form of a primary verb, doko dok'-o (used only in an alternate in certain tenses; compare the base of deiknuo) of the same meaning; to think; by implication, to seem (truthfully or uncertainly) -- be accounted, (of own) please(-ure), be of reputation, seem (good), suppose, think, trow.

The 'glory' of space and life nowdays is that of 'unknown reasons of probable chance'.

So supposing that the Milky Way Galaxy is NOT the center of the Universe, the probable chance that some 'outward motion of creation' did not occur in The Milky Way Galaxy would be higher than lower. Which means that The Milky Way Galaxy could be a 'last set' of creations to which 'life' was evolved upon although life evolution could have occurred on those planets nearer to the center of the Universe to which they might have better understanding of evolution and the celestials.

In other words, we here do not 'know' the definite of the Universe. Which could also mean that there are more 'advanced' theorisms out there somewhere. And maybe even more advanced 'game' players. But never any real 'good' progress even if we were to know this to be true.

With these sorts of knowledges we seek more to entertain our minds than to help other man.

Exactly... how WOULD man be able to be helped by such knowledges? Help them find a job and maintain it with a joyful heart?

Keeping my 'farm', per se, can be my 'work' if I live off the goods produced on the farm. That is, of course, if no paper bills or 'legal tender' was needed for other 'necessities'.

Those 'legal tenders' are distributed by those who have 'connections' with The Federal Treasury.

ABOUT THE SECRETARY
Steven Terner Mnuchin was sworn in as the 77th Secretary of the Treasury on February 13, 2017. As Secretary, Mr. Mnuchin is responsible for the U.S. Treasury, whose mission is to maintain a strong economy, foster economic growth, and create job opportunities by promoting the conditions that enable prosperity at home and abroad.

Front page | U.S. Department of the Treasury

'The American People' Sent Gift-Wrapped Horse Manure to Steve Mnuchin's House

Bel Air streets were closed and the Secret Service and LAPD bomb squad called in after a mysterious package addressed to Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin appeared outside the home of one of his neighbors. The gift-wrapped box, which was labeled as being from “the American people,” turned out not to contain a bomb, but a pile of horse manure.

'The American People' Sent Gift-Wrapped Horse Manure to Steve Mnuchin's House

I might be part of America but I had no part with this, I swear.

'outside the home of one of his neighbors'

and

'to Steve Mnuchin's house'.

neighbor's or Mr. Mnuchin's?

Aren't Bel Air homes spread far apart and usually with a lot of 'obstacles' between 'homes/houses'?

Two confidantes share their memories of the Bel Air home in which the former First Couple lived after leaving the White House — a reflection of their love, their shared journey, and of Mrs. Reagan’s elegant taste

‘A very personal retreat’: At home with the Reagans | Christie's

Not too easy to just throw a newspaper over the fence, right?

This is, Dixon, Illinois, in which the 40th President of the United States Ronald Reagan lived as a youth beginning in 1920. Not Bel Air.

Bel Air is an upscale community on the Westside of Los Angeles. It sits north of Westwood, east of Brentwood and west of Beverly Hills Post Office and is home to the Bel Air Country Club and the recently remodeled Hotel Bel Air.

This exclusive gated community boasts some of the most expensive real estate in the city, with spectacular views, and is home to many stars. There are also more affordable custom-built homes closer to Mulholland Drive.

Los Angeles Communities - About Bel Air

Mulholland Ct. Bel Air North, MD 21014

https://www.redfin.com/MD/Bel-Air-North/Mulholland-Ct-21014/home/14498032

Mulholland Drive Los Angeles and Mulholland Court North Maryland are not in the same zipcode.

Last edited:
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
meteor: late 15c., "any atmospheric phenomenon," from Old French meteore (13c.) and directly from Medieval Latin meteorum (nominative meteora), from Greek ta meteōra "the celestial phenomena, things in heaven above," plural of meteōron, literally "thing high up," noun use of neuter of meteōros (adj.) "high up, raised from the ground, hanging," from meta "by means of" (see meta-) + -aoros "lifted, lifted up, suspended, hovering in air," related to aeirein "to raise" (from PIE root *wer- (1) "to raise, lift, hold suspended").

Specific sense of "fireball in the sky, shooting star" is attested from 1590s. Atmospheric phenomena were formerly classified as aerial meteors (wind), aqueous meteors (rain, snow, hail), luminous meteors (aurora, rainbows), and igneous meteors (lightning, shooting stars). All the other senses have fallen away. When still in space beyond the atmosphere it is a meteoroid; when fallen to earth it is a meteorite. A periodically recurring fall of them (usually associated with a comet) is a meteor shower (by 1877).

meteor | Origin and meaning of meteor by Online Etymology Dictionary

1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another."

glory:
1391. doxa
dignity, glory, honor, praise, worship.
From the base of dokeo; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective) -- dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship.

1380. dokeó
be of reputation, seem good, suppose, think.
A prolonged form of a primary verb, doko dok'-o (used only in an alternate in certain tenses; compare the base of deiknuo) of the same meaning; to think; by implication, to seem (truthfully or uncertainly) -- be accounted, (of own) please(-ure), be of reputation, seem (good), suppose, think, trow.

The 'glory' of space and life nowdays is that of 'unknown reasons of probable chance'.

So supposing that the Milky Way Galaxy is NOT the center of the Universe, the probable chance that some 'outward motion of creation' did not occur in The Milky Way Galaxy would be higher than lower. Which means that The Milky Way Galaxy could be a 'last set' of creations to which 'life' was evolved upon although life evolution could have occurred on those planets nearer to the center of the Universe to which they might have better understanding of evolution and the celestials.

Where is the Center of the Universe? If you believe in Big Bang Theory we are all at the Center of the Universe even though other worlds are billions of parsects away. One parsect equals 3.26 light years.