Some 2nd Amendment History

Dec 2015
Arizona
Slavery was a constitutional right. So, it got repealed. It took a civil war to take away the Democrat elites slaves but it was done. It took a Republican led nation to repeal slavery. That is the history you do not want to talk about

"We need illegal immigrants to do the work Americans will not"- Liberal idealogy

Judas Priest....another genius. I mean I am humbled in your presence....with statements like this one:

Slavery was a constitutional right.

Amazing intellect. Stunning brilliance.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
WHAT is wrong with you?? I didn't write the piece. I posted the piece because I thought it was an interesting slant on history.

The point (NOT MINE) is that the 2nd amendment BECAME an amendment because our white, wealthy, slave-owning founders were afraid of a slave uprising IF THE BLACK folks HAD ACCESS TO GUNS and IF their white owners didn't.....

unless I have misunderstood the OP. AND THAT is what I wanted DTT to discuss.

Obviously, you missed THE OBVIOUS...but you've been doing a lot of that lately.

This YOUR thread! You NAMED it. You started it.
Look familiar ?

Do those words apply to me but not you?

The OP is silly. But you knew that. But hey as long as we are talking about things that were enacted to protect slavery how about the federal government.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
Slavery was a constitutional right. So, it got repealed. It took a civil war to take away the Democrat elites slaves but it was done. It took a Republican led nation to repeal slavery. That is the history you do not want to talk about

"We need illegal immigrants to do the work Americans will not"- Liberal idealogy
Omg this is so stupid, but funny too.................

Nov 2012
Kekistan
Judas Priest....another genius. I mean I am humbled in your presence....with statements like this one:

Slavery was a constitutional right.

Amazing intellect. Stunning brilliance.
Ok, would you feel better if I said to own slaves or maybe said the institution of slavery? Would i really care if you feel better? Is it my fault that you could not understand by using the term slavery it was implied to the institution of?

In short you got nothing but a very poor attempt at some grammar nazi that failed bigly

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
That's why they are called amendments. Because they are not absolute.

They can be amended.
You keep saying that...and it is wrong....You can not change an amendment.... You have to pass a new amendment to cancel out or change the previous one... See the Prohibition, the 19th canceled the 17th....