Someone on the left, who has a brain. And used it.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
It’s not the left telling me that I am some how LESS American because I don’t agree with you. It’s not the left telling me I’m LESS patriotic because I don’t vote the way you do. It’s not the left saying I shouldn’t even have a voice, much less a vote because we disagree on what direction the country should take. It’s not the left telling me I should be forced to pray the same way you do just for the privilege of living in this country.

Those are things I routinely hear from the right. Those are things I’ve seen right here on this board.

Tell me again how horrible the left is when we are routinely accused of being unpatriotic and not only unAmerican but actively seeking to destroy this country ?????

It’s impossible to have a rational conversation with someone that thinks this way.

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
It’s not the left telling me that I am some how LESS American because I don’t agree with you. It’s not the left telling me I’m LESS patriotic because I don’t vote the way you do. It’s not the left saying I shouldn’t even have a voice, much less a vote because we disagree on what direction the country should take. It’s not the left telling me I should be forced to pray the same way you do just for the privilege of living in this country.

Those are things I routinely hear from the right. Those are things I’ve seen right here on this board.

Tell me again how horrible the left is when we are routinely accused of being unpatriotic and not only unAmerican but actively seeking to destroy this country ?????

It’s impossible to have a rational conversation with someone that thinks this way.
Both sides says the same things. These items may help:

1581633117564.png

1581633190678.png

1581633293579.png

Reactions: YoursTruly
Sep 2019
Here

Who's specifically telling you that you're:
Less American
Less patriotic
You shouldn't have a voice
Forcing you to pray

Specifically. Not generally.

Can you link anything along those lines to prove yourself? Because I've never seen anyone here say those things to you.

It's the same way on the other side dude. I've got liberal and republican friends that I can talk to without either of us getting our dander up. But that's mainly because we were friends before all this division started between the right and the left.

Sep 2019
Here
Nobody is saying that a "difference of opinion" makes him "inherently evil".

I guess you're just enamored with strawman attacks on Dems today, eh?
If that was true, then why are you bashing O'Neill on the other thread? You commi's think anyone who might agree with Trump on anything (including the color of the sky) is evil.

You folks are seriously as bad, if not worse than the Trump supporters.

• Haha
Reactions: se7en
Nov 2005
California

Well said!

And to take it a step further, the things that the author talks about were annoying as hell. She talked about people who voted for Trump being assumed to be racists, white supremacists, nazis, or Russian bots.

I don't assume any of those things. I have family members who voted for Trump and we're still able to talk civilly. They are nowhere near those things. They have their criticisms of Trump just like I had criticisms for Obama.

Honestly, I wish this board had people who thought and talked like them on this forum so we could have real discussions on politics with real conservative representation instead of hearing pro-Trump talking points from people who talk and act like Trump has done nothing wrong in his life!

The article is ridiculously specious. She had a knitting Facebook group which was vehemently anti-Trump. No mention of how many members, which would have been useful because she's obviously using them to judge Dems across the board...
She goes to a Trump rally and she is treated civilly. She recognizes that they are not racists / nazis / Russian bots across the board, and based on just that she talks about going independent...

If you're going to set such a skewed perspective then why not apply it the other way? How many left-wingers are as Trump proclaims? Going to a Democrat rally and saying "I'm a Republican" will also see similar treatment.

My family and I have talked about the Trump impeachment. I think people's eyes were opened on both sides.
Unlike the pro-Trump supporters here, they question the very foundation of a Republican party that refused to call witnesses when several came forth stating they had relevant facts. Some thought Trump was innocent but considering the entirety of how the Repubs played the issue they were disturbed.
Some felt Biden was guilty as sin. I told them that if Biden was guilty, he should definitely face charges. I said that if the Republican party truly felt that, then they should pursue that through legitimate channels.
They recognized the fact that this was not happening as significant.

Rational people. Rational thoughts.