Something to ponder

Feb 2019
here and there
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I happen to believe in climate change, and some tenants of evolution, and I don't think wind mills cause cancer.

Sure, the world is flat (Just kidding) What I don't get about the flat earth people is, you look up and everything else is round, the moon, the sun, the planets, yet the Earth is flat?

Anyhew, to make the leap that since there is climate change that we are all going to die in 12 years unless we vote for the Green Deal, a deal that all democrats either voted against or voted not present, is insane. Additionally, there are a myriad of questions as to how human beings are effecting climate change and what should be done about it. To question loons on the Left about the Green Deal, for example, just means I have a functioning brain and a pulse.

As for creation, I am an Old Earth Creationist, something you know full well because we have discussed it.

Do you believe like AOC and the rest of the Looney Left that the earth will end in 12 years?

Hmm?
I don't know about the 12 year time line. I do know that unless we do something soon we will cross a line that we can't come back from. Whether that leads to collapse in 12 years or 120 years I don't know.

How we are affecting climate change, there is no question. We are pumping green house gases into the atmosphere while, at the same time, doing massive amounts of deforesting that reduces the natural "CO2 scrubbing".

The only questions are "What can we do?" and "Are we too late?"

Dec 2015
Arizona
I happen to believe in climate change, and some tenants of evolution, and I don't think wind mills cause cancer.

Sure, the world is flat (Just kidding) What I don't get about the flat earth people is, you look up and everything else is round, the moon, the sun, the planets, yet the Earth is flat?

Anyhew, to make the leap that since there is climate change that we are all going to die in 12 years unless we vote for the Green Deal, a deal that all democrats either voted against or voted not present, is insane. Additionally, there are a myriad of questions as to how human beings are effecting climate change and what should be done about it. To question loons on the Left about the Green Deal, for example, just means I have a functioning brain and a pulse.

As for creation, I am an Old Earth Creationist, something you know full well because we have discussed it.

Do you believe like AOC and the rest of the Looney Left that the earth will end in 12 years?

Hmm?
AOC may have picked an arbitrary number, but I doubt if that was her point. Whether the world ends in 12 yrs or 112 yrs the message remains the same. We need to start NOW, to cut carbon emissions aggressively, or by 2030 we may have passed a tipping point beyond which the planet, and yes we people living on it, is in for a world of possibly permanent hurt. So let’s quibble that AOC said the world will end instead of the world as humans and current species have known it and depended on it will end, forever.
AOC and others are furiously waving a red flag. The last word on the subject from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change could not have been more dire.

I really do not understand why Trump and others think Climate Change is a hoax. My philosophy has always been "better safe than sorry". What's wrong with erring on the side of caution?

Nov 2012
nirvana
NO.

Many of the things you posted have some truth in them yet you simply dismiss them as being bunk. I will admit that science has created some decent methods to reach conclusions if you can admit that science can be influenced by corporations and such and although strides are made to keep the religion above influence it still happens often.

Also you left growing sweet potatoes causes cancer. You can thank yours truly for that lil gem......
I’ll take the windmills and the cancer they cause. You keep the coal, nuclear, and oil and the cancer, global warming, and environmental pollution they cause.

Feb 2019
here and there
I don't know about the 12 year time line. I do know that unless we do something soon we will cross a line that we can't come back from. Whether that leads to collapse in 12 years or 120 years I don't know.

How we are affecting climate change, there is no question. We are pumping green house gases into the atmosphere while, at the same time, doing massive amounts of deforesting that reduces the natural "CO2 scrubbing".

The only questions are "What can we do?" and "Are we too late?"
Al Gore said about 10 years ago that we only had another 10 years.

This is why these folks who live jet set lives and drive SUV's and own a myriad of mansions around the world to heat and cool are hard to take seriously

Then you have AOC bring up the Green New Deal and her cohorts all signing on and then backing away when the GOP bring it up for a vote.

Why?

See, this is why I have a very hard time taking them all seriously. They are all full of poo.

Stop with the emotional grand standing and take this seriously.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I don't think wind mills cause cancer.
You might want to rethink this a bit. During shipbuilding asbestos was used extensively in their construction as an insulator. Shipyard workers were exposed to the asbestos and contracted lung cancer and asbestosis AKA COPD. The ship themselves didn't case cancer but the building and dismantling process did. The same might just be true for the windmills that stand majestically on the wind swept plains.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
You might want to rethink this a bit. During shipbuilding asbestos was used extensively in their construction as an insulator. Shipyard workers were exposed to the asbestos and contracted lung cancer and asbestosis AKA COPD. The ship themselves didn't case cancer but the building and dismantling process did. The same might just be true for the windmills that stand majestically on the wind swept plains.
You think they are using asbestos to build wind turbines?

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Al Gore said about 10 years ago that we only had another 10 years.

This is why these folks who live jet set lives and drive SUV's and own a myriad of mansions around the world to heat and cool are hard to take seriously

Then you have AOC bring up the Green New Deal and her cohorts all signing on and then backing away when the GOP bring it up for a vote.

Why?

See, this is why I have a very hard time taking them all seriously. They are all full of poo.

Stop with the emotional grand standing and take this seriously.
I AM taking this seriously and you are avoiding the topic.
Is global warming happening?
Is it being driven by human activity?