Sondland says he'll testify

Jul 2019
Georgia
guess he doesn't want to be the first one they make an example of for avoiding a subpoena

he says he can't produce documents which are related to his official position, and I kind of buy that excuse (legal experts would know more than me)

but still glad he's testifying.

Yovanovitch is scheduled today, but unsure if State Dept will stop her, was the last I read anyway.

Reactions: intangible child
Dec 2015
Arizona
(CNN)US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, a key witness within the State Department and to the President's action in the ongoing impeachment inquiry, intends to testify to the House under subpoena next Thursday, according to his lawyers.
Sondland's testimony will come amid a significant week in the Hill's efforts to hear from witnesses about the Trump administration's dealings with Ukraine, the core of the House impeachment inquiry.
Lawmakers have been eager to press Sondland about text messages he exchanged related to President Donald Trump's July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and the freezing of foreign aid to Ukraine.
As of this morning, Sondland hasn't received guidance from the State Department on whether he should appear under subpoena, his lawyers said in a new statement on his behalf. (Seriously? HASN'T received what? GUIDANCE?)
Sondland planned to voluntarily appear on the Hill earlier this week, but his testimony was derailed that morning when the State Department blocked him from testifying. House Democrats issued a subpoena Tuesday evening demanding Sondland turn over documents and appear for a deposition next week.
Three committees in the House plan to hear testimony from four witnesses next week, starting with Fiona Hill, Trump's former top Russia adviser, on Monday, according to a source.
Also on the agenda for next week are Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent and Counselor Ulrich Brechbuhl, according to the source. While they are scheduled for closed-door interviews, it's possible they will not show up because of the Trump administration's posture to block cooperation.
Sondland may be in a slightly different situation because he was subpoenaed.

I still can't believe the state department blocked Sondland from testifying. Maybe Trump's allies are having second thoughts about possible indictments and spending their golden years in the slammer??

Reactions: skews13
Dec 2015
Arizona
The stench coming from the state department is stifling. Blocking witnesses? Is that like witness tampering?
Let me ask you this. If Trump is so innocent--if Trump did absolutely positively NOTHING WRONG---if Trump has followed the law---if there was no pay to play (NO quid pro quo)---IF IF IF.........
WHY all the obstacles? Obstruction?
Subpeoned so far:
Rick Perry
Rudy Guiliani
Gordon Sondland
Mark Esper
Russell Vought
Mick Mulvaney
Mike Pence
Mike Pompeo

Does this list look like a "nothing to see here" scenario to you?

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
An Axios reporter is claiming the famous unnamed source says the GOOPERS decided to let Sondland testify. He is a big Trump supporter, he essentially bought his ambassadorship with a million dollar donation to Trump. So they feel he will feel free to lie at the hearing. Well, actually they said help Trump, the feeling free to lie is my contribution.

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2012
nirvana
(CNN)US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, a key witness within the State Department and to the President's action in the ongoing impeachment inquiry, intends to testify to the House under subpoena next Thursday, according to his lawyers.
Sondland's testimony will come amid a significant week in the Hill's efforts to hear from witnesses about the Trump administration's dealings with Ukraine, the core of the House impeachment inquiry.
Lawmakers have been eager to press Sondland about text messages he exchanged related to President Donald Trump's July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and the freezing of foreign aid to Ukraine.
As of this morning, Sondland hasn't received guidance from the State Department on whether he should appear under subpoena, his lawyers said in a new statement on his behalf. (Seriously? HASN'T received what? GUIDANCE?)
Sondland planned to voluntarily appear on the Hill earlier this week, but his testimony was derailed that morning when the State Department blocked him from testifying. House Democrats issued a subpoena Tuesday evening demanding Sondland turn over documents and appear for a deposition next week.
Three committees in the House plan to hear testimony from four witnesses next week, starting with Fiona Hill, Trump's former top Russia adviser, on Monday, according to a source.
Also on the agenda for next week are Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent and Counselor Ulrich Brechbuhl, according to the source. While they are scheduled for closed-door interviews, it's possible they will not show up because of the Trump administration's posture to block cooperation.
Sondland may be in a slightly different situation because he was subpoenaed.

I still can't believe the state department blocked Sondland from testifying. Maybe Trump's allies are having second thoughts about possible indictments and spending their golden years in the slammer??
That’s what It looks like. There will be a future without the stain of Trump, and it’s a good time to start positioning yourself for that future about now.

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
As I said in the other Sondland thread "An Axios reporter is claiming the famous unnamed source says the GOOPERS decided to let Sondland testify. He is a big Trump supporter, he essentially bought his ambassadorship with a million dollar donation to Trump. So they feel he will feel free to lie at the hearing. Well, actually they said help Trump, the feeling free to lie is my contribution."