Spanking

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
You also shouldn't force children into indoctrination camps for the majority of the day, learning to recite arbitrary things, to sit still and mindlessly obey authorities.

Much more detrimental to the wellbeing of young minds that the occasional smack on the ass. IMO

Jul 2018
You also shouldn't force children into indoctrination camps for the majority of the day, learning to recite arbitrary things, to sit still and mindlessly obey authorities.

Much more detrimental to the wellbeing of young minds that the occasional smack on the ass. IMO
Not sure what one has to do with the other and I'd like to see a study that claims it's more unhealthy.

That said, the school system as designed is insane, I agree with you.

From what is taught to how it's taught to grading systems and the unhealthy practice of giving home work.

The entire system should be flushed and started without knowledge of past practice. It's that bad.

Don't even get me started on all the drug addicts they evolve by insisting kids sit still or take the ultimate gateway drugs, ADD meds.

May 2018
Chicago
I was spanked as a kid and I'm fine. What's ineffective is when I see idiot parents with their bratty kids misbehaving in public today: "Now Billy, that's not nice, you need to stop that." Little BIlly doesn't give one shit and keeps doing whatever it is. The other night I was at a Blackhawks game with friends and the little girl behind us kept kicking our seats. Mom did the same thing: "Hey, now that's not very nice to kick people's seats." Little girl gave zero shits about whether or not it was nice and kept doing it when her mom wasn't looking.

First of all, my parents never would have taken me to a game in $250 seats when I was a kid. Secondly, if I behaved like that, my ass would be redder than a cherry by the time I got home. And trust me, I would NEVER have done it again. Next time I go, it's club seats. No brats in those.

Jul 2018
Come on, that's ridiculously melodramatic.
what are you talking about and what was your point?

Even get beaten buy a belt? It does not generally cut the skin but it leaves some serious welts and bruises.

Totally illegal today.