Statue of Liberty Poem to be changed

Aug 2019
De Congo
You're describing what has to be to support a capitalist system underpinned by a fiat banking system, with the required ever-expanding base of the pyramid of consumers.

Yes, the capitalist system and the petrodollar are consuming the planet for profit, and President Dumbass promises Americans more consumption, and his dumbass supporters just can't wait to see his MAGA promises fulfilled.

Meanwhile, President Dumbass has set us up for the biggest crash yet, and conservatives have forgotten what conserving means.
The future shrinking economy will adjust to whatever the decreased demand [population] happens to be. Expect growing pains [actually shrinking pains] due to lack of new construction related work. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have such a massive housing glut that property becomes easily affordable for the working class ...? Or where apartment buildings are torn down in order to build single family estates once again.
Our world and our society is a machine and it makes zero sense for us to look for ways to run it close to it's "red line" since only Mother Nature knows where that imaginary red line exists. There are no examples in my mind where inviting more people into our country is a good thing...especially not for those who already live here but there are plenty of examples for why it is not in our best interests for ourselves or for our future generations to contend with.
Many young people who have been born into the high density, highly stressed mess we have today have no personal point of reference other than these mediocre conditions they were born into. To a lot of them, living roof top to roof top in McMansionville like Human Sardines, in an overvalued home they will never own outright..... [and where a 100 acre field of barley once stood last year].... is their hunky dory version of "MURICA".....LOL>

Oct 2010
Colorado
The future shrinking economy will adjust to whatever the decreased demand [population] happens to be. Expect growing pains [actually shrinking pains] due to lack of new construction related work. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have such a massive housing glut that property becomes easily affordable for the working class ...? Or where apartment buildings are torn down in order to build single family estates once again.
Our world and our society is a machine and it makes zero sense for us to look for ways to run it close to it's "red line" since only Mother Nature knows where that imaginary red line exists. There are no examples in my mind where inviting more people into our country is a good thing...especially not for those who already live here but there are plenty of examples for why it is not in our best interests for ourselves or for our future generations to contend with.
Many young people who have been born into the high density, highly stressed mess we have today have no personal point of reference other than these mediocre conditions they were born into. To a lot of them, living roof top to roof top in McMansionville like Human Sardines, in an overvalued home they will never own outright..... [and where a 100 acre field of barley once stood last year].... is their hunky dory version of "MURICA".....LOL>
I agree with a lot of that, but as far as changing the US, and ultimately, humankind's, trajectory please consider:

• Some people believe every single human pregnancy should result in a birth.

• Some think a human pregnancy resulting from rape or incest is a gift from God and should result in a birth.

• Some think coal is clean and beautiful/

• Some think only chemical-based agriculture makes sense.

• Some think energy efficiency, such as fuel-efficient cars, makes no sense.

• Some think the market should be left alone, and that profitability is the most important metric.

• Some believe the US should have and maintain the largest, most expensive military in world history.

• Some believe in manipulating financial markets for profit.

• Some believe in healthcare for profit.

I could go on. In closing I'll add that curtailing immigration might help solve some problems the US faces, but not enough to matter overall.

Aug 2019
De Congo
I could go on. In closing I'll add that curtailing immigration might help solve some problems the US faces, but not enough to matter overall.
Especially not if millions of Illegal, Government Dependent Aliens can be counted on to be loyal Democrats for life and to be counted for the purpose of Congressional apportionment. This is how elections are REALLY stolen.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Especially not if millions of Illegal, Government Dependent Aliens can be counted on to be loyal Democrats for life and to be counted for the purpose of Congressional apportionment. This is how elections are REALLY stolen.
It won't matter much because humankind shares one planet. Giving any weight to the politics you mention is part of the problem, the biggest part, because solving, even just beginning to address the problems faced by humankind and the planet earth will require action by a united humankind.

And call me a pessimist, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Jun 2019
NC
I have a better idea, why don't you show proof that my claims are wrong...?
That's what I typically do when I come across a post that I disagree with or one that makes me unhappy..I take matters into my own hands.
You should back up what you say to validate its credibility.
It won't matter much because humankind shares one planet. Giving any weight to the politics you mention is part of the problem, the biggest part, because solving, even just beginning to address the problems faced by humankind and the planet earth will require action by a united humankind.

And call me a pessimist, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
As long as we keep a Republican in charge.

May 2018
Chicago
Provide a list of my quoted claims that you dispute.
OK..in your make believe world with your "feel good headlines" we are not overpopulated....... in your world you typically drive to work from the suburbs into the city right at the speed limit and once you get to work parking space is abundant , in your world 1000s of single family homes on acreage aren't being torn down in favor of multi-unit apartments, in your world there is an abundance water everywhere [with no laws anywhere against catching and storing rainwater on your own land], in your world there are no overstressed farm lands that are chemically dependent just to remain productive.
Have another Blue Pill.
Prove those claims. You appear to be trying to read someone's mind.