Store Owner Where Alton Sterling Was Killed Suing Baton Rouge Police

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I'd be willing state as a 100% fact that the police department's withholding the surveillance video for one week without revealing its contents to the public has inspired no confidence in the BRPD.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2012
Barsoom
I think it would be funny if the police violated their duty to preserve the evidence in this open investigation to appease the curious. If there is a case to be made against the police who shot the suspect, then a perfunctory understanding of procedural due process under the Fourteenth Amendment and the doctrine of a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment will see the police officers walk even if they are guilty. And that is if an indictment can survive Fourteenth and Sixth Amendment challenges.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I'd be willing state as a 100% fact that the police department's withholding the surveillance video for one week without revealing its contents to the public has inspired no confidence in the BRPD.
to be honest the last time the cops killed someone here (did we ever think that would be a statement that in itself wouldn't cause outrage) there was video that was w/held from the public and it was a key piece of evidence that cleared the cops. granted it was not acquired under such shady circumstances but still worth adding.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2013
The Milky Way
I think it would be funny if the police violated their duty to preserve the evidence in this open investigation to appease the curious. If there is a case to be made against the police who shot the suspect, then a perfunctory understanding of procedural due process under the Fourteenth Amendment and the doctrine of a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment will see the police officers walk even if they are guilty. And that is if an indictment can survive Fourteenth and Sixth Amendment challenges.

No wonder some here have spoken out against the Constitution as written, they have this one all figured out, and who needs that old Constitution anyway.

What we need are some federal judges to rewrite as necessary. Wait ........

Reactions: 3 people
Sep 2015
earth
No wonder some here have spoken out against the Constitution as written, they have this one all figured out, and who needs that old Constitution anyway.

What we need are some federal judges to rewrite as necessary. Wait ........

I agree, we do not need the Constitution. This unrest may have some pains,but it is the path toward something beautiful